Start a New Discussion Ask a New Question

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PDF architect fills my hard drive with shit
  • PDF architect creates endless amounts of junk in C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\APP_NAME_NON_STRING\Logs

There is fucking 20 GIGABYTES of log files in there, one for each day, even though I haven't been using the program for weeks!

Content is just this message repeated hundreds of times every second:

2012.12.24 18:28:30
    Thread: 1208    Win32 error in file M:\TemporaryBuilds\2\69\Sources\dev-architect\services\HelperService\SessionWatcher.cpp in line 221 code = 1702. Message: The binding handle is invalid. .
    M:\TemporaryBuilds\2\69\Sources\dev-architect\services\HelperService\SessionWatcher.cpp, line 0225
    void __thiscall SessionWatcher::SessionWatcherThreadFunc(void)
  • Exact same issue for me however many times worse, over 400 GB of this in html. I will be removing this version and rolling back to the old one. Provided I can get my computer to keep running. Because of this issue I now have 7kb free space on a TB Hard Drive so it's barely running.
  • OK, so I was able to open the largest log after waiting 20 mins for it to do so and here is what I discovered.

The program is looking for lines and instructions on Drive M: problem is I DON'T HAVE A DRIVE M: so it is creating huge html logs of errors.
    Then I got to thinking...I did have a USB Flash drive plugged into the computer when I updated to this version. Sure enough as soon as I plugged that drive in it was M:
    Second problem is I had reformatted the drive so any files / folders / etc it was looking for is no longer there so POOF Errors from hell.

For me anyway I can say SOLVED. When installing, ensure there are no external drives that are not ALWAYS connected or the program may use it for any and all AUX files / folders
  • Hi, we have the same problem.
    We using the newest architect 1.6.0.14 ( PDF_Architect_Setup-1_0_41.msi ) (5.1.2013) on a Windows XP SP3 Systems.
    For security reasons the Harddisk is 10G size.
    After installing a couple of files is created.
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\vmware\Anwendungsdaten\APP_NAME_NON_STRING\Logs\2013.01.05_21.22.58_PID003812_HelperService.HTM
    with contens like M:\TemporaryBuilds\2\69\Sources\dev-architect\services\ConversionService\ConversionService.cpp

There are about 1GB per Minute Log file written!

We wanted to buy this version for Customers with the edit feature.

But I can't believe that this software is tested!

The download is take for you page ( http://download.pdfforge.org/download/pdfarchitect/PDFArchitect-stable?download )

What does the stable mean?

Best Regards

Andreas

• Hi,

the problem with the logs is fixed now;
    each version was tested, but it is unfortunately never possible to test everything in all types of enviroments.

regards,

Robin
    Robin
    Team pdfforge
    If this answer is helpful for you,
    you might consider making a donation.
  • Any issues with deleting these log files from hidden folder in C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\APP_NAME_NON_STRING\Logs ?

I have over 48 GB in above folder.
  • Hi,

no it is safe to delete them, in the latest verion they don´t get created anymore.

regards,

Robin
    Robin
    Team pdfforge
  • Thanks Robin, I thought it would be safe to delete logs, but unsure since I did not know if Architect used those logs for something internal.

However, an interesting thing, after deleting the logs, and rebooting I found the HelperService.exe process using 98-99% of CPU.

• Are you using the latest version of the Architect?
    Robin
    Team pdfforge
  • yes. 1.0.52 version. Uninstalled for now. Have trouble posting on this site -script problem. Maybe i don't have IE8 (on Win XP pro sp3) configured correctly.
  • I am also using version 1.0.52  and just deleted 7Gb of log files from C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\PDF Software\Logs.

Updating to 1.1.83 to see if that helps.