It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
For 1.3.1, if the source file name is in unicode, pdfcreator fails to print a correct pdf file.
Only an empty pdf file is created.
could you please give us a filename which causes this problem, so we can do some testing?
For example, rename any PPT file as 论文.ppt
You can have a try.
I did some testing, but I can´t reproduce your error. If the original file is named 论文, it gets replaced with __ , but the page is still created properly. If I specify 论文 as a filename manually in the save dialog, no PDF file is created at all ( not even an empty one ). We are working on this.
still the same problem in 1.3.2.
blank filename during creating pdf files, and then blank pdf file.
i am using Win7 Chinese version. Is that due to the Chinese version?
but before 1.3.0, pdfcreator works perfectly, and i have been using pdfcreator for many many years.
btw, pdfarchitect fails to load some pdf files correctly. for example, for articles from the JSTOR database, only the first page was loaded and all others pages were left blank.
could you upload any document which doesn´t work for you somewhere and post a link here?
As mentioned above I did some testing with the example filename but wasn´t able to reproduce your problem.
Hi, I run into the same problem with Traditional Chinese Version of Windows XP SP3.
any file with filename containing Traditional Chinese charactors will print blank PDF pages, if rename to English things works just fine. I will try to make a screen recording of this, compress and post it.
Hi, I used CamStudio to capture the screen recording and compressed the file using 7-zip,
Please check out the symptom for this problem... thank you.
Hi and thx a lot for your help, it´s all a bit complicated and has to do with VB6 and ghostscript not supporting Unicode properly. We are working on a C# based version which will be able to handle Unicode, but there won´t be a fix for the current version, sorry.