Advertising Notifications in PDF Architect 3

Advertising notifications that appear in the lower right hand corner of the PCs screen are unable to be disabled in PDF Architect 3. The solutions suggested in the forums have not worked on my PC. How can I disable these annoying Pop Up Notifications? The Pop Up Notifications sometimes have different offers, pictures etc. and generally look like what is pasted below.

PDF%20Architect%203%20Pop%20Up

Hi,

if everything else has failed, this should always work: run services.msc and look for the PDF Architect 3 Manager Service. Right click onto it and go to "properties", then set the start type to disabled and stop the service.
It will then no longer load together with Windows and should stay deactivated.
Sorry for the trouble.

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin, I followed your instructions and was unable to find the PDF Architect 3 Manager Service. I did find a service called PDF Architect Manager Service and disabled that service and rebooted. I verified that the service was no longer running and found that my installation of PDF Architect 3 no longer allows printing to PDF through PDF Architect 3. The POP Up Notifications are back also. I've noticed that newer versions of PDF Architect that I have purchased and installed on other PCs have a setting in the preferences that allow the notifications to be disabled (and the setting works). Why is this not part of PDF Architect 3? What can we try next as these POP Up Notifications are very distracting.

Hi,

sorry for the trouble. Did you get the popups, after re-enabling the service, or while it was disabled? It is possible that it is only called PDF Architect manager (without any number), since it was first included in PDF Architect 3.1, but I didn't know it was also related to the virtual printer; or did you perhaps disable any additional PDF Architect service?
Basically, PDF Architect 3 shouldn't display any popups in the first place, as their is no user friendly option to disable them. The initial PDF Architect 3 release didn't include the service for displaying the pop-ups, this was added in 3.1 but unfortunately without an option to disable it. I will try to resolve this from our end by stopping the ads for PDF Architect 3.1.

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin, Yes, the popups are back. The service that I disabled was the PDF Architect Manager service, without any number in the name. I checked the Help section of my PDF Architect 3 program and it lists the version as 3.1.01.24581. The popup advertisements are very distracting. They need to be closed twice as after closing it once, the notification pops back up a second time and needs to be closed again. Please know that after a period of time they reappear randomly while using the PC. Please help me rid my PC of this unwanted advertising.

Hi,

do you still have PDF Architect 4 or 5 on the machine / are you sure the ads are being displayed by PDF Architect 3 and not one of the other editions, are there still any PDF Architect (x) Manager services running?

Installing the latest PDF Architect 6 should scan for any existing PDF Architect notification services and replace all of them with a single new version of the service which includes all bug fixes, which worked properly on my test machine and might be the best way to ensure there aren't multiple or bugged versions of the service installed on the system.

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin, Only PDF Architect version 3.1.01.24581 is installed. I put it on that PC when I upgraded to PDF Architect 4 a couple of years back. Since then I have also purchased PDF Architect 5 for another PC. I was able to disable the popup advertising on both the PCs running PDF Architect 4 and PDF Architect 5.

PDF Architect 3.1.01.24581 does not have the settings to disable Notifications like PDF Architect 4 or PDF Architect 5. I checked the services again and there are no services running that contain a version number. As I mentioned in my original help request there is a service running called "PDF Architect Manager" but it does not have a version number in the name. I am still receiving the popup advertising and it is very distracting. Pasted below is an example of a popup Advertisement that continues to popup randomly and cover the screen every time I use the program. Can you please help me with this issue? I'm not ready to purchase another version of PDF Architect although I do appreciate the suggestion. Note the date in the taskbar is 6/18/2018 and the popup is different than the first example I posted.

Hi,

sorry for the trouble. It is in theory possible to completely remove the notification service by reinstalling PDF Architect 3 and using the advanced options during the setup (which allows to deselect the notification service on install). However, since disabling the service didn't seem to work, I am not sure if this will do the trick.

Since this has taken way longer than it should have, I suggest to remove PDF Architect 3 from that machine completely and I will generate you a PDF Architect 6 key which will then hopefully resolve the situation and stop the popups.

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin, I appreciate your troubleshooting this issue. It would be helpful to have an edition of PDF Architect that has the ability to disable popup advertisements. One thing that I would request though is that the key generated for PDF Architect 6 Pro (w/o OCR) be the perpetual version. I do not want to engage in a subscription service. All three of my purchased PDF Architect versions are perpetual licenses and I would like to continue with that version of the software. Please forward an installation key to my email address on file and I will work on the installation process. Once complete I'll let you know how things work out. Thank you again for the help.

Hi Robin, I have downloaded the PDF Architect 6 installer that you linked to in your email. After uninstalling the PDF Architect on my PC I attempted to activate the software and could not find a menu item that would bring me to a screen where I could input the activation code that was sent. I did notice that PDF Architect did have an option to create an online account to switch between versions of the product - so I created one using the email address on file with PDF Architect. After logging into the account I am still unable to find an area to input the activation code that was sent. I have noticed that the menu has changed under the "Help" section which is where one would normally go to activate the product. Can you help me figure out how this is all supposed to work? I did review the help documentation and it does not show the toolbar ribbon so it is difficult to know if something is missing or if I should be looking elsewhere. Thank you again for the assistance.

Hi,

sorry this was my mistake; I forgot the perpetual edition actually has a different installer, which can be downloaded here: http://download6lk.pdfarchitect.org/get-app.aspx
This should still have the same menu item to input the license key as previous versions.
Sorry again for all the trouble and thanks for your patience.

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin, I have downloaded the Perpetual PDF Architect 6 installer that you linked to in your email. After uninstalling the Subscription PDF Architect on my PC I was able to activate the software. The option to disable the popup advertising is available in this version. I believe the distracting pop up advertising issue is solved. Thank you again for the assistance.

1 Like