Again: VBA Error 429 on CreateObject("PDFCreator.JobQueue")

Hi,

found many references to this, but none that really provided a correct answer.

I’m using PDFCreator 2.5.2 (due to customer restrictions I can’t use a newer version).
PDFCreator is installed on German Windows 7 64Bit, I’m trying to run the sample VBA macro testPage2PDF in file Testpage2PDF.docm located in install directory under "…\COM Scripts\Word - VBA. I’m using Word 2010 32Bit.

I get the error 429 on the line with CreateObject( ):

Sub testPage2PDF()
Dim fullPath
Dim PDFCreatorQueue As Queue
Dim pJob As printJob

Set PDFCreatorQueue = CreateObject("PDFCreator.JobQueue")

PDFCreator seems to be coprrectly installed. I can create a PDF test page using dialog in PDFCreator.exe. I also enabled tracing using the Debug options by PDFCreator. But log file is empty as the object cannot even be created, so there is nothing to trace.

What I don’t quite understand ist when checking the registry (using cmd.exe running as Administrator):
if I use regedt32.exe from C:\Windows\system32 (note that this is the 64Bit registry) I find
ProgID “PDFCreator.JobQueue” under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{66A9CAB1-404A-4918-8DE2-29C26B9B271E}

But when I use regedt32 from C:\Windows\SysWoW64 (note that this is the 32Bit registry) I don’t find any ProgID’s registed for PDFCreator.

Maybe this is my problem as PDFCreator seems to be a 64Bit application a thus is registered in 64Bit registry. But Word 2010 is 32bit and cannot resolve ProgID given in CreateObject.

I can’t imagine that the creator’s of PDFCreator are not aware of this problem and that I’m still doing something wrong…

Any help is higly apreciated.
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

when accessing the COM interface from a 32 bit process on a 64 bit machine, you could receive an exception in PDFCreator 2.5.2. This was because the PDF Tools library we use for these editions is required to match the process architecture. This has been fixed with PDFCreator 3.0.0. I don’t know if there is any workaround for this, updating or downgrading might be the only solutions.

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin,

thanks for your feedback.
Can you please tell me which version (either downgrade or update) does not have this problem?
If downgrade, where can I download this version?

I think the best would be to update to the current version. I will try to convince the customer. But as this is a larger company the IT department may not be willing to do a complete roll-out for PDFCreator 3.x, just because of me and some users using my software (which are only a few).

Best regards
Stefan