Append to an Existing file

Hello,

We have been using PDF Creator and currently running version 0.9.5 but have realized that we are running in to a problem if a file already exist with the same file name; it 'Overwrites' the existing file.  What we are wanting is for the file to be appended to and not overwrite.

Are there any options for this?

Many thanks,

Doc

Hi,

no sorry this can´t be done without a custom script.

regards,

Robin

Sorry if I posted wrongly. Since being new I can’t start a new post so I’ll just hitch with this topic.
I just recently install PDF creator as it is need in my new work. I tried learning the basic it through co workers but when I use it on my computer it won’t seem to merge. I found the log file and here is the error.

[Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobInfoQueueManager.ProcessJobs: There was an error while processing the print jobs: System.IO.IOException: The file exists.

Can someone please explain how to resolve this. Thank you.

Hi,

sorry for the trouble; it is fine to have posted here, but you should be able to create new topics as new user; I will double check the Forum settings. Regarding the actual issue, please set the logging level to “trace” in the debug section of the PDFCreator application settings, try to merge two print jobs and send us the resulting log to support(at)pdfforge.org.
The additional information should help to understand the error.

Best regards,

Robin