Calculator tape

Adobe has a calculator and you can insert the tape into your PDF document. Does PDF Architect have this? It is an awesome feature for accountants.

Hi,

sorry I am afraid I don’t understand, what do you mean by tape?
In general, PDF Architect doesn’t have any calculator.

Best regards

Robin

Sorry…typically it is the paper off your 10 key. In this case, it is on the computer and you insert it on the pdf file. So if I have some numbers in my document that I want to add up and have the total on my document, I can do it. Really cool feature in Adobe, but I understand that Adobe is a lot more expensive so that is what you get. I didn’t see it in PDF Architect so I thought I would ask.

Hi,

when creating the document, you can use JavaScript for PDF to have values for form fields calculated automatically-> this will then automatically work in any viewer which supports Java Script. E.g. you have a field “cost1”, a field “cost2” and a field “total”, you could automatically have the field “total” filled with the sum of “cost1” and “cost2”.
This requires some Java Script knowledge (all needs to be done in code, there isn’t really any helper GUI like in Adobe), so mostly will be outside of the scope of our support.

Best regards

Robin