COM interface to get all pdf files in a folder and convert to jpg in vba

Everyone, I have the vba code to convert a document to a jpg. The challenge is how to loop through a folder, get each pdf file and then use it as input to the COM interface and convert it to a jpg file with the same name.jpg.

The code I found, does it for a document. Yet, if the pdf files are already exist in the folder, how can I make them as input files to the COM interface and just code it as convert this pdf file to a jpg, then get the next file in the folder, do the same until all files have been converted. I want to do this via VBA code. Can anyone point me in the direction? Thanx in advance,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

this might help:

If you have a Plus or Business edition of PDFCreator, it might also be worth checking out the HotFolder application that comes with it, which basically does exactly what you are describing to attempt here. It will even monitor one or more folders and automatically convert the files placed into them with a PDFCreator profiles of your choice.

Best regards

Robin

Robin,

I read that last night. I am trying to figure out how I could speak with pdfforge and get a trail version of the Business edition or Plus to use the HotFolder and test this for proof of concept. Once I know everything works as designed, then I will have the client purchase it with 2 licenses, 1 for me and 1 for his machine. Then I can complete the development of the application and when I migrate the s/w to his system and know everything will work. I will have both systems with the same folder structure and I can migrate from my machine to his. Like right now, I defined the jpeg default to be 600dpi and it is coming back as 720dpi. I changed it again last night to 600dpi, 100% quality and the color 256max. This should work.

Can you direct me to someone, sales, where I can speak with them and get a trial version? Plz let me know and thanx in advance.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I will send you a pm with our sales email contact.

Best regards

Robin

awesome, thank you very much for your assistance!