Compatible for the following PDF presets and standards

[Revised] - Please ignore previous topic

Dear Support team

I’m reviewing your PDF printer software for a client company instead of the Adobe Acrobat product.
They want to know about the PDF printer software compatibility compare to Adobe product. To what extent is the program creating/compatible for the following PDF presets and standards?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your attention.

[PDF Presets]
PDF/A-1b:2005
PDF/A-2b
PDF/X-1a:2001
PDF/X-1a:2003
PDF/X-3:2002
PDF/X-4:2008
PDF/X-4p:2008

[PDF Standard compliance]
PDF version 1.0 (Adobe Acrobat 1.x)
PDF version 1.1 (Adobe Acrobat 2.x)
PDF version 1.2 (Adobe Acrobat 3.x)
PDF version 1.3 (Adobe Acrobat 4.x)
PDF version 1.4 (Adobe Acrobat 5.x)
PDF version 1.5 (Adobe Acrobat 6.x)
PDF version 1.6 (Adobe Acrobat 7.x)
PDF version 1.7 (Adobe Acrobat 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, ISO 32000)
PDF version 2.0 (Adobe Acrobat, ISO 32000-2)

Cheers

Hi,

please let me point out, if the main focus is on creating PDF through a virtual printer, PDFCreator will most likely be a better choice than PDF Architect.
PDFCreator was completely developed with focus on the virtual printer, while PDF Architect is an allround PDF solution.

On the displaying side, PDF Architect should be able to display all of the above.
It can create PDF according to the following standards/specifications:
PDF Architect by default creates PDF 1.7 (Adobe Acrobat 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, ISO 32000)
PDF/A-1b:2005 and PDF/A-2b are also supported, together with nearly all PDF/A specifications.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.

Cheers.

Hi Robin,

I will be recommending PDF Architect Pro+OCR product to the customer. Most of requirements are fullfilled However, before I make any recommendations, it would be great if you could confirm whether the following are supported(can’t find it):

1. Support for “live” and “flattened” transparency
  2. Support for Adobe PostScript 3 or PostScript 5 would be ideal;

Thank you for your support.
Cheers.

Hi,

transparency is supported in general but there might be an issue with printing, but I am not sure if I understand “live” and “flattened” correctly. I’d think “flattened” means the transperancy was actually removed and replaced by a solid image while attempting to look as clsoe to the original as possible (there is no longer a background or a foreground). This will print and display correctly. I assume “live” is the opposite and means you actually have multiple layers inside the PDF, at least a foreground and a background. While PDF Archtiect should display this kind of transperancy properly, it doesn’t include any own tools to edit transperancy values and any kind of printing will flatten the transperant objects (but this is nearly always the case).

What kind of Postscript support is the client looking for?
Do they want to be able to (pre)view Postscript files, or use Postscript as input or output?
I am afraid PDF Architect doesn’t support Postscript in a user friendly way (it technically uses a virtual Postscript printer, but there is no proper way to use it to use Postscript as input/output) PDFCreator supports Postscript input.

Best regards,

Robin