Converting PDFs to Images via command line

Well as the subject line suggests, I’m looking for a way to convert existing PDFs into images (PNG, BMP, JPG, etc) via the command line.

I’ve looked at the command-line documentation but it appears to only show examples of converting the other way (image to PDF) instead.

Looking for help please…

Hi,

you can have a look into the COM\Windows Scripting Host\VBScripts\converttotiff.vbs in your PDFCreator directory, there is an example for converting pdf to tiff files.

regards,

Robin

I have the same question. I don’t want to use COM though. Is it not possible to do through command line?

Hi,

it should be possible by setting the PDFCreator printer to use one of the image profiles in application settings -> printer and then using pdfcreator.exe /printfile . However you will not be able to set the output location in the command line.

Best regards,

Robin

Try this command is more simple.
"C:\Program Files\PDFCreator\Ghostscript\Bin\gswin32c.exe" -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=tiff24nc -sOutputFile="C:!chemin!!filename!.tif" -r300 "C:!chemin!!filename!!ext!" -c quit
It can generate multipage tiff file that can be used to OCR software lire tesseract for exemple