Create PDF in Same Folder as Original File

I want to do something very simple, yet I cannot fiugre out how to make it work in PDF Creator.  Using the context menu, I select a file that is to be transformed to PDF.  So far so good. Now I want the created file to be saved in the SAME folder as the original file, without having to navigate through the folder structure. That is, the default folder should be the folder of the original file.

Any ideas how I can do this?  It seems that many people would want this feature, so perhaps I have just missed something.

Thanks!

Environment:

Windows XP Pro, SP3
   WordPerfect 9.0.0.896
   PDFCreator 0.9.9

I am new to PDFCreator also, and I, also, would like the default output folder to be the same as the input folder, and I, also, haven't figured out how to do this without navigation.

However, I have noticed that, on my version of PDFCreator, the default output folder is always the same as the previously used output folder.   Therefore . . .

In WordPerfect I created a macro that
    1. prints to PDFCreator,
    2. always uses the same output folder,
    3. moves the output to the input folder, and
    4. asks whether I want to delete the input file.

It's klutzy, but it works - fast.

Good luck,
Adrian

Environment:

Windows XP Pro, SP3
   WordPerfect 9.0.0.896
   PDFCreator 0.9.9

I am new to PDFCreator also, and I, also, would like the default output folder to be the same as the input folder, and I, also, haven't figured out how to do this without navigation.

However, I have noticed that, on my version of PDFCreator, the default output folder is always the same as the previously used output folder.   Therefore . . .

In WordPerfect I created a macro that
    1. prints to PDFCreator,
    2. always uses the same output folder,
    3. moves the output to the input folder, and
    4. asks whether I want to delete the input file.

It's klutzy, but it works - fast.

Good luck,
Adrian

Thanks Adrian,

Thanks for the tip. I'm still hoping for a more elegant solution.  There are so many programs that seem to automatically know what the current folder is, that it surprises me PDFCreator cant do that.

Thanks and best regards,

Bruce

I agree that this option would be very useful. My team stores PDF files in the same folder as the source document.

What would happen when multiple documents are combined into a single PDF file, from different folders? The program behaviour under these circumstances would need to be documented.

Thanks.

Surprised not to see that issue solved after such a long time and many discussions.
P.