Creating forms is difficult and clumsy

I have a page I created in word and converted to PDF. I then opened Architect to add the form fields.

1. Is there anyway to have the form fields interpreted and added upon conversion? I thought that Acrobat did this.
  2. When adding fields, is there a way to copy and paste them?
  3. I have added a bunch of fields to the form but the default text color is white. I have tried changing the color by selecting another from the pop up but it never takes effect. How does this work? Is there any way to set a property for multiple fields at once? Is there a way to paste a hex color value in? Do I have to just select the colors in the pop up?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Dear Pam,

thank you for the feedback.

1. you can do any math operations with form field entries, however there is no GUI for this, so it all needs to be done with JavaScript.
  2. You can copy and paste the fields with the default shortcuts; the main issue here is, the paset field will get placed directly on top of the original, so you need to copy, paste and then move the field to the desired location; there is definitely room for improvement here.
  3. I will need to have a look at this; by default, the text color should be black; are you getting white text on white background now?

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I was not referring to math operations. I was under the impression that if i created a form in word, using underlines as the place where the data will go, that the pdf conversion will create a form field for it.

2. Got the copy/paste working.

3. I have added a bunch of fields to the form but the default text color is white. I have tried changing the color by selecting another from the pop up but it never takes effect. How does this work? Is there any way to set a property for multiple fields at once? Is there a way to paste a hex color value in? Do I have to just select the colors in the pop up?<<
    I got the form work properly now with default color and font. Is there any way to set it to default to something else?

4. Is there any way to enter a hex value in the properties for a field?