Does PDF Architect support XP SP3? (sorry if dup.)

I have XP SP3 on an older PC.  I have installed PDF Architect several times, including latest version.  Installs OK, but on execution I always get an MS Error: "PDF Architect Application has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Details: AppVer 1.1.83.9982
Offset 00084792
Exception: 0x00001d

Full dump available on request.

Hi,

XP SP3 is supported, please try the following steps to fix the issue:
1. Authorize in Windows account as administrator.
2. Check if the Windows Automated updates function is enabled and all the updates are installed. Ensure that there is no msiexec.exe process in the list of running processes. If it is on the list restart OS.
3. Close all the windows and applications.
4. Uninstall PDF Architect
5. Install PDF Architect again. At the last step of installation uncheck the option "Run application"
6. Go to Start -> Run-> services.msc /s
7. Make sure that services “PDF Architect Helper Service” and “PDF Architect Service” are started. If not then start them.
8. Run PDF Architect. If you have slow processor and/or there is little RAM, then wait couple of seconds for application to start.

regards,

Robin

Tried the above.  Briefly, the Uninstall gave a similar MS errorbox but then proceeded to completion. The Program Files were deleted; I did a manual cleanup of registry & %user% files.  Reinstalled with default options - OK.  Ran PDF Architect:  Same MS Error: "PDF Architect Application has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I have full MS error-handler dumps if required. 

Hi,

yes that would be helpfull, I will forward it to our developers as I can’t tell what is going wrong from here. You can mail it to support@pdfforge.org. You can also use our phone support, they might be able to trace down the problem in a remote session: http://web.pdfarchitect.org/support

regards,

Robin