File is not overwritten

In PDF 3.2 I have set the options for automatic saving and I have deselected the option to keep files. I expected the system to overwrite the file, but that does not happen.
What can I do?

Hi Delton,

I have tried to replicate the issue, but for me it is working flawless. Here are my 'settings':

1. What does PDFCreator 3.2 actually do on your PC (if not overwriting the file)?
  2. Do you use the standard profile?
  3. Please generate a log file (Logging Level = Trace) for further analysis.

Thank you for your efforts.

Kind regards
Sascha

Hi Sascha,

My settings are the same.

1. What does PDFCreator 3.2 actually do on your PC (if not overwriting the file)?
    The files are created like this: file, file_2, file_3…

2. Do you use the standard profile?
    Yes, I’m using the standard profile.

3. Please generate a log file (Logging Level = Trace) for further analysis.
    For this I had to remove the previous version (3.1.2) and instaled the 3.2 version again. This time I not have choose the Portoguese language, but the default English language. After this a made the setup like you and this time worked. The files are overwrite.

I am having the same problem (though with version 2.3).

I am not using the default profile.

Is it necessary to use the default profile in order for pdfCreator to overwrite existing files rather than putting an increment on the end of the file Name?

Thanks very much.

Hi,

it isn't required to use the default profile (I don't know if there are any bugs affecting this in version 2.3, though).
Have you tried with the latest version?

Best regards

Robin

Thanks very much for the quick response.

I upgraded to latest version and it still adds a suffix rather than overwriting an existing doc w/same name.

However, in the process I realized that the problem is when I print from a javascript within Acrobat, and not when I say, print through the print interface in Acrobat.

So it does not add the suffix (just overwrites) the file when printing from the printer interface in Acrobat, but does add the suffix and does not overwrite the file when printing (using "getPrintParams()") in Acrobat's javascript. So maybe that's something that can't be helped.

Hi,

the only thing I can currently think of which potentially might cause this behavior (without having looked at any details) could be if the file is still in use / locked somehow so it can't get overwritten. During the interactive workflow, PDFCreator will then ask for another filename, but when set to automatic it will just add the suffix instead of not saving the file at all, if I remember correctly.

Best regards

Robin