HOTFolder does not convert to pdf

pdfforge,

The client has purchased PDFCreator Business and I have been testing this. I create a custom profile to convert the pdf files to a jpg. It does not convert them and move them to the output folder. It just moves the pdf files to the source folder. The PDF printer uses the profile for jpeg or is supposed to. I setup everything and then run it. The folder is monitored and moves the files, but no jpg gets created. How can I speak with someone from your tech suppose to see what is going on? I have read all the documentation and I know I am doing this correctly, but it is not working! Can someone help. I read where once your purchased the product you could get tech support help, but I cannot find it. This is the exact reason why I wanted a trial version first before purchasing. He wanted to buy it and now it does not seem to be working as advertised! Plz contact me.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

thank you for the feedback, which version of PDFCreator is currently installed on the test machine?
The HotFolder looks up how to print PDF files to the virtual PDFCreator printer through the Windows registry and from what you are describing, it isn’t finding the proper command to print PDF files. Most of the issues should be fixed in PDFCreator 3.x , but if the default application for displaying PDF files on the machine is a Windows Store App, it will be required to change this to a “regular” PDF-viewer. This is because Windows Store Apps aren’t allowed to print to a specific printer without user interaction.

Best regards

Robin

Robin,

I am running PDFCreator Business v3.0.3 Build 9187. I just changed the default app for .pdf from Adobe Acrobat DC to PDF Architect 5. What do you define as a “regular” PDF-viewer? I had Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed on a trial version. So I changed the default app to PDF Architect 5 from your s/w and this is not fixed the issue. It goes moves the pdf and does not create the jpg!

is there I can speak with someone over the phone?

Hi Jerry,

it should work fine with either of those PDF-Viewers, let me try to reproduce the issue here. Which Windows is installed on the machine? I am afraid we don’t offer any phone support for PDFCreator

Best regards

Robin

Windows 10. I logged into PDF Architect 5 and created an account also.

Hi Jerry,

I’d also like to point out, we always give out full refunds if something doesn’t work as intended and can refund your purchase with no further questions asked, if we can’t find a quick solution for this or you don’t have time for further troubleshooting. Simply let us know your Order ID if you’d like the refund.

If you’d like to give us another chance to help us solve the issue, please set the logging level to “trace” in the PDFCreator application settings and print a PDF to the PDFCreator printer manually.
I must admit I first didn’t consider it to be a problem with the actual conversion in PDFCreator, but our sales team just forwarded me your mail with the additional information.

Best regards,

Robin

Robin,

I uninstalled the program and then re-installed it. It is now working. The challenge I am facing now
is getting the setting correct. They want is as 600dpi. Yet, what do I set the percent to? I had it at 50%
and it was too small. Then I changed it to 75% and now it is too big. When I created the jpg via
Adobe Acrobat, it is size 1.6MB, dimensions 3900 X 6840. When I set it to 75% it is 253KB, dimensions
1275 x 1650. WHat can I set it as to get it like Adobe, which is what they want. I recommended they purchase your product and not Adobe Acrobat. Than you for your assistance.

Jerry

Robin,

I did notice, in the d/l, on 11/30 it was a vers 3.0.3, today, I got a V3.0.4.

Jerry,

the size should mainly depend on the settings inside the application you are printing.
Did you set the % in the settings of the virtual PDFCreator printer, or in the application you are printing from?
If you are using the HotFolder, this will most likely be the printing settings of your default image viewer.
What dimensions do you get when printing with the setting at 100%?

Best regards

Robin

I forgot, but it was way too big. 50% gave me dimensions too small also. I changed the percent in the defualt printer from PDFCreator Business.

There is no version 3.0.4, but the size problem should be independent of the version anyway.
But I am afraid there is no general answer to the problem, as the size of the document is a result of what the application sends to the printer and the scaling setting in the virtual PDFCreator printer. If the content is supposed to exactly fit a specific page format, setting this format in the printing application might be the solution.