How to keep pdfcreator 1.7.3

Hello
I use pdfcreator 1.7.3 for a long time with old software that does not allow to change printer during work
You must use a batch file during work to install pdfcreator as the default printer when necessary.
Before each use of pdfcreator, it proposes to install version 2.3 in a modal window but not visible on my screen (not bringToTop)
I want to keep the old version of pdfcreator that works perfectly
Is this possible without having to endure these invitations to change the version?
thanks in advance

Hi,

I am afraid version 1.7.3 is no longer supported, but we will gladly help to migrate to the latest version.
The new version also has a function to automatically set PDFCreator as default printer temporarily, if needed (so for most printable files, you can simply right click onto them to convert them into PDF from the context menu)

Best regards,

Robin

Thank you for your reply
In fact, it is an executable that creates documents + prints on a “canon” and then creates an archive pdf file with pdfcreator + reinstalls the “canon” printer as the default printer (no interactive manipulation)
The software (created from Borland paradox) does not know how to change the printer: it must be done by executing a batch file and return to the executable
Very often the batch file is interrupted by the invitation to use a new version of pdfcreator and the archive is not saved.
I am sorry but I do not know how to adjust version 2.5 of pdfcreator: I tried several times without success.
I will wait for version 3 of pdfcreator

pol

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. Most likely, the executable connects to PDFCreator through the COM-Interface, in which case it will not be possible to use newer versions of PDFCreator without changing the executable itself; the entire PDFCreator was re-written after version 1.7.3 and unfortunately it was necessary to completely change the API.

It should be possible to disable the automatic update messages in version 1.7.3, but I don’t remember where; perhaps you can find this information in the forum archives or by having a close look at the PDFCreator settings.

Best regards,

Robin

Thanks - I will look in this direction - pol

There is a registry key:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-4160381238-2562421059-4029768720-1000\Software\PDFCreator\Profiles\archpdf\Program\DisableUpdateCheck = 1

thank you so much - pol