Is pdfCreator able to print xlsx files to pdf file using windows command line?

I want to convert xlsx files to pdf and one way is to print to pdf. I was wondering if pdfcreator is capable of doing that. I have windows 8. 

Thank you,

Hi,

yes this should work with the /PF parameter as long as you have a viewer for xlsx files which is capable of printing (they probably all are). See the manual for additional infomation about comand line usage of PDFCreator.

best regards,

Hi,

Same question here: I tried to print a xlsx file with the /PF parameter and it is not working.
I am using PDFCreator 2.5. I went to the PDFCreator file:
Cd C:/Program Files/PDFCreator
PDFCreator.exe /PF"mypath/myfile.xlsx"
PDFCreator opens like this:

But nothing else happens...
What did I do wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: When I do the same thing with a .doc, .docx and.xls, it works just fine.

Hi,

the command line parameter for this changed when PDFCreator was rewritten after version 1.7.3.
It should work if you use /PrintFile=”Path.extension”

Best regards,

Robin

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I already tried the syntax you indicate according to the documentation online. But when using /PrintFile=“path.extension”, PDFCreator 2.5 is not even launched.

Has anyone encountered the same issue? Would you have any solution?

Thanks so much.

Hi,

if you right click onto a .xlsx file in the Windows Explorer, do you get a contect menu entry “Convert with PDFCreator”?
The command and the context menu entry both rely on the file type having a “print to” shell verb registered.
Which application is going to print the xlsx files?

Best regards,

Robin

Hi,

I have the following options. "A propos de PDF Creator" means "About PDF Creator". When I click on it, nothing happens. I do not have a "Convert with PDF Creator".

However, when I open the file, click on "File", then "Print", I have a PDF Creator Printer that works fine.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.