Monochrome PDF - No Gray Tones

Is there any way to print a PDF to monochrome black and white? I am trying to printing PDFs that look great, but they have varying shades of gray. When placed into a fax program, the grays are getting washed out. I’m wondering if I can change any settings in PDFCreator in order to create a true black and white image.

Hi,

a possible solution might be converting the documents to an image format in between, as these can be set to use true b&w. You can fully automate this by setting up 2 PDFCreator printers with 2 different profiles. For Printer1 enable autosave to a temp folder, PNG as output format and the 2 colors option for image settings->png. Enable the “print” action for printer 1 and let it print to your “normal” PDFCreator printer-> now every time you print to printer 1, you will receive a true b&w PDF.

Best regards,

Robin

I tried your suggestion and it ends up pixelating the original gray into black pixels to make it look gray. I only see that the image is truly black and white when zoomed in. Is there a way to sustain quality without having any gray tones?

Hi,

no this is technically impossible, converting from greyscale to b&w always results in quality loss.

Best regards,

Robin