MS Word error 1120

I’m trying to use the COM interface of 2.3 version on windows 2003 and MsWord 6.0 (very old but very very light)

When the document is converted into pdf I get a ms word popup reporting:
Printer problem Err=1120 
and the script stops until I press OK on the popup, then the scripts goes on to the end and the document is converted well.

Using 1.7 I have no errors, but sometimes the conversion fails due to timeout.

I tried to reinstall several times, but the error is always there.

Any suggestions to resolve it?

Hi,

the COM interface was completely rewritten after version 1.7.3 and will not work without rewirting your code accordingly. While this can be a lot of work, it was neccesary to rewrite it and it will stay backwards compatible to the current version with future updates. It is now also fully documented and offers an improved work flow in most cases: http://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/2.3/en/pdfcreator/com-interface/

best regards

Thank you for the reply

I rewrote the code for 2.3! 

The only thing that doesn’t work is the word error.
As I said  when I try to convert the document, the script works and just  after Ms Word has been opened  and it  tries to print the document to the pdfcreator printer  a popup appears with that error
If I press the OK button of the popup the document is converted and Ms word is automatically closed 

There’s something different into pdfcreator 2.3 printer than 1.73  one that pause the script.

Any idea

Rudycox could you share your code?

I am failing to adopt the new com interface in excel despite the “documentation”.

This is the code in vbs

it works but using word 6 I get that error 

set pdfcreat=createobject(“PDFCreator.PDFCreatorObj”)
Set fso = CreateObject(“Scripting.FileSystemObject”)
fullPath=“C:”&"prova.doc"
set PDFCreatorQueue=CreateObject(“PDFCreator.JobQueue”)
PDFCreatorQueue.Initialize
pdfcreat.PrintFile(fullPath)
‘pdfcreat.PrintFileSwitchingPrinters fullPath, true

if(PDFCreatorQueue.WaitForJob(10)=false) then
msgbox (“The print job did not reach the queue within 10 seconds”)
end if

set job = PDFCreatorQueue.NextJob
job.SetProfileByGuid(“DefaultGuid”)

’*****add watermark 
job.SetProfileSetting “BackgroundPage.Enabled”, "true"
job.SetProfileSetting “BackgroundPage.File”, "d:\modellinormal\A4_intestata.pdf"
job.ConvertToAsync(fullPath)
'job.ConvertTo(fullPath)

'if(job.IsFinished =False OR job.IsSuccessful=False) then

’   msgbox(“Error in process”)
'end if

PDFCreatorQueue.ReleaseCom()

Hi, 

after a quick research it looks like this problem can have multiple causes. It is probably related to the PrintFile method which I assume is implemented differently in both versions. Maybe it is possible to create a work arround by using native vbs methods for printing the file instead of the PDFCreator one. Is PDFCreator set as your default printer? If not, will the code work without an error if you set PDFCreator as default printer?

Best regards,