Multiple instances of update notifications

Hi, I use PDF Creator to create soft copies of labels to email to our warehouse in another city. Typically, each label is unique so my label software creates each page as a separate print job that I later merge.

The problem I found today is that PDF Creator had an update notification for each one of those 97 pages. I’m stuck with 32bit Windows because of our ERP system so memory can be an issue and having 97 print jobs and 97 update notifications at the same time pretty much ground everything to a halt. My PC was unresponsive for 10-15 minutes while I waited for the print jobs to catch up with the notifications. Thankfully, it didn’t crash because it takes a while to get up and running again.

I’ve turned off the notifications to keep this from happening again. I thought you might want to be aware of this if you want people to stay current and for others not to have the same problem.

Thank you.

edit: Today it got worse. This time I had 167 each of print jobs, update notifications and error reports. Once I finally cleaned that up, I checked and found updates had been turned back on. I fixed that, ran a single page and checked again to make sure updates were still turned off (they were) and went back to work. Nope, here we go again. After I cleaned that up, I checked and updates were back on. So basically, I have no choice but to set work aside so I can get the update I don’t need because it’s already cost me nearly an hour and I can’t get anything done until I do.

edit 2: It screwed up the update so I lost my printers and settings I had done with this program.

Hi,

sorry for the trouble, which versio of PDFCreator did this happen in?
As a first approach please try to disable the update notifications by directly setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\pdfforge\PDFCreator\Settings\ApplicationSettings : UpdateInterval to “never” in the registry.

Best regards,

Robin

The last digit only changed by one, I think it was from 2.4.1 to 2.4.2 if I recall correctly.

Here I go again. It happened to me again last week with the release of 2.5.0.

Last December, the update interval wasn’t present in the registry. After updating to 2.5.0 last week, I checked again. This time it was present and said never as expected since I had already set that in the GUI. Today, it interrupts my work again for another set of update notices to 2.5.1. I check the registry and now it’s set to weekly.

This is getting ridiculous. Am I going to have to check that updates are disabled every time before I can use this?

Here we go yet again. Clearly it doesn’t matter at all that I’ve set it to never check for updates. It checks regardless of what I’ve set and if there’s a new version, it will nag me to death, usually at the worst possible time. I need to try to find something better.

Hi Greg,

we recently discovered and fixed a probem which could lead to PDFCreator reverting to default settings under certain circumstances. Was only the setting for the update interval lost, or were all settings reverted to default? We haven’t had any reports by other users about problems with the update check specifically, but if PDFCreator keeps reverting to default settings on your machine, this would result in the behavior you described. This is fixed in version 2.5.2.
Sorry for the trouble, the update check is supposed to be a helpfull tool, not something annoying.

Best regards,

Robin

No, it’s only the update notice. There was one time where I lost everything while installing an upgrade, but nothing but the update check has spontaneously disappeared.

I’ve blocked outbound traffic from the app in the firewall. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of that sooner. I’ll see if that works.

Hi,

that is a strange issue, but of course a really annoying one. Unless we can somehow reproduce this here, or other users report it, it might remain a mistery.
Blocking outbound traffic should indeed prevent any update checks without causing side effects.

Best regards,

Robin