No conversion to pdf

Hello.
The program PDFCreator v3.2 ceased to work. No conversion, the window does not appear with saving in pdf format. In another computer account, the program works fine. I deleted, cleaned the registry manually and installed it again, but the program does not work again. What can I do to restore the program?
Sincerely, Alexander.

Hi Alexander,

please check if there are any files remaining in the PDFCreator application folder after the uninstall and delete them manually if any are left over. Does running the PDFCreator.exe manually open a window?

Best regards

Robin

I’m running into the very same issue. A new version was available so I installed it. Now when I print something to PDF Creator, nothing happens. No dialog window. I deleted the previous version, then rebooted. Then deleted the PDF Creator folder. I then installed “run as admin”. Nothing. I can open the PDFCretor.exe manually, but that doesn’t help when I want to print a page. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Should I go back a few versions to a more stable version?

Hi,

it sounds like the permissions for your %temp% folder or the %temp%\pdfcreator\spool folder might be incorrect, which would explain why reinstalling didn’t fix the issue.
Please print a Windows and a PDFCreator test page from inside the PDFCreator application settings; if the PDFCreator page works, but the Windows test page doesn’t, the problem is within the printing/spooling part of the conversion and not an actual PDFCreator issue.
Please check if your user and the local system account have read/write access to the %temp% folder on your machine and grant them access if they don’t.

Best regards

Robin

Thank you for attention. The problem I decided to use the help of the link: http://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/latest/en/pdfcreator/frequently-asked-questions/pdfcreator-has-suddenly-stopped-creating-pdfs/
Another question is not on the topic: how to configure the PDFCreator program so that the output files are smaller?

Hi,

the file size mainly depends on the DPi used for the file and the compression used for the images inside the document.
You can change the compression settings as described here: http://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/3.0/en/pdfcreator/pdfcreator-settings/profile-settings/convert/#pdf-settings

Best regards

Robin