Outlook 2016 Preview

I have PDF Architect 4 and Outlook 2016 MSO (Local Install) on a Windows 7 64-bit O/S

I cannot preview PDF documents within Outlook, I get the error “This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it.” Is there a way to add one for PDF Architect?

Hi,

while PDF Architect does provide a previewer, I am afraid I don’t know how this can be integrated into Outlook. I will give it a try on my machine here and let you know if it was successfull.

Best regards,

Robin

There has been 412 views of this post to date, probably returning visitors as we want to find an answer to this. I installed PDF Architect last year and it produced a preview, I bought the software this year and there is no preview.

Is there a way to check and manually set preview software?

Hi,

sorry for the long wait, this has been fixed for PDF Architect 5.
If you have an older version of PDF Architect, it is possible to install v5 additionally in order to use the preview in outlook which only requires the free view module.

Best regards,

Robin

This may be old news, but this might help:
To manually enable or disable the PDF File Preview integration within Microsoft Outlook, please follow the instructions below:

Within Microsoft Outlook 2010, go to "File" menu and click "Options".
Select the "Trust Center" link.
Click on the "Trust Center Settings..." button.
Select the "Attachment Handling" menu.
Click on the "Attachment and Document Previewers..." button.
Locate the "" option from the "File Previewing Options" list.
To enable the PDF File Preview option, place a check in the "PDF Architect Preview Handler" checkbox.

Note: To disable the PDF File Preview option, remove the check from the "PDF Architect Preview Handler" checkbox.
Click "OK" to apply the changes.

1 Like

If you encounter an Outlook error message while opening a specific file format, check and enable the File Previewing options. Look out the steps if you haven't tried this method

• Open Outlook and go to File > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings.
  • Click on Attachment Handling and uncheck the Turn off Attachment Preview option.
  • Click on Attachment and Document Previewers….
  • Make sure to check all the applications to preview the file.
  • Click OK.
  • Restart Outlook and then try to open or preview the file in Outlook.

If the error occurs when you try to open a particular file format then install the required program on your system and lastly repair your outlook data file with the help of scanpst.exe or if scanpst.exe fails take the help of a 3rd party tool.