Password protect the PDF file on the run using PDFCreator

Is it possible to password protect a PDF file on the run where each PDF file will have a unique password which is generated in the application which then calls the PDF printer? Can the password be passed directly to the PDF Printer?

Hi,

yes this is possible with help of the COM interface:
http://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/latest/en/pdfcreator/com-interface/

Best regards,

Robin

Thanks you Robin I will investigate the COM interface.

I have had a look at the link you provided and I have been through all of the forums and I am still not clear on how to use the COM interface. We have an application written in ACUCobol which runs on a Linux platform. We generate a print which goes to the default PDFCreator printer which creates the PDF file and stores it on a Samba share where it is available to print, view or email. How would I activate the COM interface in this situation?

I have had a look at the link you provided and I have been through all of the forums and I am still not clear on how to use the COM interface. We have an application written in ACUCobol which runs on a Linux platform. We generate a print which goes to the default PDFCreator printer which creates the PDF file and stores it on a Samba share where it is available to print, view or email. How would I activate the COM interface in this situation?

Hi,

COM is a Windows concept/feature, if your application runs on a linux server it will not work.

Best regards,

Robin