Pdf architect 4 doesn't work after w10 creator's update

Since updating w10 to last creator’s update, pdf architect 4 just doesn’t work. When I start it, looks that begins to load as usual, but then suddenly when UI is loading, it just crashes and appears a crash report window.

I’ve tried to reinstall it and the issue persist. Any advice?

Hey @Blaku,

what is the crash report telling you?

Best regards!

I upload a gif to show you what i mean. I can't see a detailed crash report. Just a window to report the crash.

Does it help?

Hi,

have you already tried using the “repair” funtion of the PDF Architect installer?
You can reach this by starting the uninstall and then selecting “repair” in the first step.

Best regards,

Robin

I’ve tried to repair as you suggest. I’ve even tried to uninstall and reinstall. No result in both cases.

:sob:

I’ve installed architect5 demo just to try and it opens correctly but when i try to load a file it also chrases, as architect4…

Is there any bug with architect4 (or 5) and the last windows 10 major update (Creator’s update)? Am I the only one with this bug?

Hi,

I am not aware of any issue caused by the latest Windows update and this problem hasn’t been reported by other users yet as far as I am aware of. What is really strange is there technically is no PDF Architect demo version, the installer is the same for the free and paid versions. You could try to uninstall once again and then use the MSI for offline installation in case the problem is caused by some download issue: http://download.pdfforge.org/go/pdfarchitect5/business/pdfarchitect5-gpo.zip

Sorry for the trouble, I hope the offline installer will help.

Best regards,

Robin

OK maybe i haven’t define correct demo term. I was trying to say what you have said. I installed PDF Architect 5.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, I’ve discovered that all problems with crashing, it’s due because gpu acceleration is activated in “graphics options” PDF architect menu . If i desactivate this option all PDFs are opened correctly.

I’ve updated the drivers of my graphical card to last published (NVIDIA) and problem persist. This situation didn’t happen before w10 major update (Creator’s Update). By the moment i’ll keep this option non activated

Maybe an update could fix it?

Thx for all your support

Hi Blaku,

thank you very much for the feedback, it would have been nearly impossible to find this by ourselves. We will try to replicate the problem and see if there is anything we can do to fix it.
May I ask which model your graphics card is exactly?

Best regards,

Robin

I am having the same issue as well. It looks like it is opening but the screen never pops up and clicking on the icon does nothing. I’ve tried “Repair” but that does nothing. I’ve also restarted my computer. My only option to see PDF’s is to save them and then open them in a different app. I’m now removing PDF Architect until it can be fixed.

An nvidia gtx 980 4gb from MSI