PDF Architect 5 Buying pop-up even after uninstall

Hello.

I installed PDF creator and the PDF Architect 5 free version to try it.

I uninstalled them because of their popups, but it still shows a pop up in the lower right corner informing of architect 5’s promotion 60% off.

How do I remove this?

I found there is a service running named PDF Architect 5 manager.
I will disable it to see if it stops.

I’ve never seen a proper software leave this kind of thing even after uninstalled completely.

Is there a way to completely remove the software or will I have to format my pc just because of it ?

Hi,

sorry for the trouble. If the service is running while PDF Architect is being uninstalled, it will not get removed properly.
I agree this is a huge issue and really shouldn’t be happening, especially since the service is responsible for displaying popups.
Disabling the service will stop the popups, removing the service and deleting the remaining folder in “program files” should be all that remains. Here is also a link to an uninstall tool which will check the registry and file system for PDF Architect related files and remove everything it finds: http://redeuro1.lulusoft.com/pub/pdfarchitect5/removal/Architect_Remover_1.0.10.34009.exe

Best regards

Robin

Hello.

What I did was, reinstall pdf architect, go to help -> options -> disable automatic update and nofication system.
Go to services.msc, set pdf manager service to manual and disabled.
Unninstall pdf architect 5.
Everything disappeared.
System clear.

Thank you.

Hi,

thank you for the feedback and sorry for the trouble. With the latest PDF Architect 5 installer, everything got uninstalled properly on my test machine without needing any additional steps, but in case there are still problems with removing the service, it can now be done directly by running MsiExec.exe /x{8DED36D9-54D6-4127-A112-5A1BA1CDD66B} /q
from a command line.

Best regards

Robin