PDF Architect 5 Terminal Server Printing

Hi

In advance thanks for taking the time to read and for supplying any knowledge you may have.

We have noticed that in random intervals of time (can be 30 minutes all the way to infinite amount of days) that all of a sudden printing will stop for certain users. Printing works in Word, outlook, notepad, IE, chrome and all other applications asides for PDF Architect 5. The resolution is for users to log off fully from the server and log back in(note some users will be working and others will not, it is always random users), printing then works.

We use remote printing, so they print to their local printers via the rdp redirection.

Any suggestions to resolving this? Appreciate your 2 cents.

Troy

Hi,

not really sure what could be causing this, but I did once come across an issue with printing not working, which was connected to the “fast launch” option and having multiple instances of PDF Architect open at the same time, but not properly reproducible.
Please check if there are multiple instances of PDF Architect open in the task manager once printing stops working.

Best regards,

Robin

If a user has PDF architect open and closes the application it disappears from their list of apps in Taskamanger, however as this is a terminal server there is multiple PDF architect instances running because other users are using it on other profiles.

Where can we tweak this fast launch option you mentioned? Looking through the settings I don’t see reference.

Hi,

the setting is located in options->general->“Hibernate on Close for Fast Launch”.
From what you describe it seems to be disabled though. Have you checked for updates to ensure you are running the latest version?

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,
I am also working with Troy regarding this issue. The Hibernate on Cloud for Fast Launch is disabled. However, we checked only under our own account (session). Is it possible to have this disabled through Group Policy or Registry for all users?

We have also updated it to the latest version terminal server edition.

Thanks,
Jainesh

Hi Jainesh,
the registry location of the setting is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\PDF Architect 5\Options\General “Hibernate on close”, but I am not aware of any method to easily set this for all users, I am afraid there is no GPO for it.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,
Yes, GPO has registry options. So GPO is possible. But not sure if this is the fix for printing. Is there any other options you can think of.

22 days and no update???

Hi,

sorry I overlooked the last question, but wasn’t able to think of anything else what could be causing this. Are you still facing the issue after updating to the latest version and applying the setting to all users? For faster responses please also feel free to contact our phone support:
http://web.pdfarchitect.org/support.aspx

Best regards,

Robin