PDF Architect resizing images when added to a PDF

I have been enjoying PDF Architect for a while now but I can’t seem to get around this issue.

When images (jpg and png primarily) are brought into a PDF through Create > Combine File or right clicking the image itself and selecting PDF Architect 4 > Convert to pdf the resulting image is much smaller than the original. It seems to be tied to the ppi where the higher the ppi the smaller in dimension the image is displayed.

Example:

Image 1 - The original is 1600 x 1600 at 96 dpi. When I bring it into a PDF is it 1200 x 1200.
Image 2 - The original is 600 x 600 at 600 dpi. When I bring it into a PDF is it 72 x 72.
Image 3 - Image 2 saved down to 96 dpi. When I bring it into a PDF is it 450 x 450.

I can resize the image manually once it is in a document but I often import dozens of files at once and that really slows me down.

I have “No Compression” set under “Reduce File Size” but I’m not seeing any other options. I have only the Create, Edit and Insert modules active.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I treid to reproduce this here but wasn’t successfull with the first 2 iamges I tried, could you send an example to support(at)pdfforge.org?

Best regards,

Robin