PDF creator for Win 95

Dear friends:

Have a good day

I am searching for a software that allows create pdf format, it muts operate om Windows 95 plattform.

This is because we have a equipment that not support other OS, and we want to save its results in pdf format, for digital archivement and by this way no print in paper anymore.

I have PDF CREATOR installed in other PC, it works incredibly well...!!! But I can`t install in WIN 95.

I need also the program can set the file name automatically, using prior file name for pdf name. I try Acrobat Distiller 5.0 and Acrobat PDF writter 5.0, they run on win 95 but they not set the name automatically.

Thank you very much by your help

Best regards

Hello,

we had to drop the support for Windows 95 some time ago, because Ghostscript does not compile for this OS anymore, but I cannot remember when it was. You can try older versions (most likely in the range of 0.9.5 - 0.9.6), they should work on Windows 95 as well.

regards,
Philip

I just successfully installed PDF creator 0.9.3 in Windows 95 and it works.

Version 0.9.6 does not install in Windows 95.

Version 0.9.5 installs but gives the error “Cannot find gsdll32.dll. Please check the ghostscript program directory (see options)!” This is probably because PDF creator 0.9.5 uses Ghostscript 8.61 but “The last version to be available as a binary for Windows 95/98/Me was 8.60.”
See the ghostscript web site, doc, 9.22, install. (google “how to install ghostscript”)

Get PDF creator 0.9.3 from the sourceforge web site. (google “pdf creator 0.9.3”)

Download the readme-0_9_3.txt file first and read it. You will see that you need to download PDFCreator-0_9_3_GPLGhostscript.exe because it has the Ghostcript files included. Just run the installation file in Windows 95 and you are all set.

I hate to decommission my Windows 95 machine because it was expensive (Digital Equipment Celebris) and it has Datacad CAD software on it which also cost me. Now I can print to pdf and upload the file via home network to my Windows 10 or XP machines and print to a modern printer.