PDF Creator Terminal server: how it works?

Hello,

I would like to install PDF Creator TS in my company. I just want to understand how the system work because the serveurs are reinstalled each night from master. Can you give me informations about the licensing system for this case? How it works?

thanks,

Hi,

PDFCreator Terminal Server installs a licensing service which will try to get a fresh activation for the machine each time the service is started. You will need to install PDFCreator Terminal Server onto the master image and configure the licensing service:
http://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/3.3/en/pdfcreator/installing-pdfcreator/installation-on-a-terminal-server/#activation-service-for-terminal-servers
If the clones aren't booted after cloning (e.g. if they are cloned in an already booted state) you will need to restart the licensing service as it will only get a new activation on startup, or once every 24 hours.
You will need a license for each of the servers. If the names of the clones change permanently, you will need to uninstall PDFCreator from the clone in order to free up the activation. If the machines always receive the same names, this won't be necessary.

Best regards

Robin

Thanks for your response. I send a mail to the licensing service for trial key but no response yet.

I will do a try as soon as I receive the key...

Other little question!

We have a farm with 6 productives servers and one master. I will install the TS version on master server and do config on. but what is the rules for this not productive server? He will never be used for "using" pdf creator, but only to configure it. Is it needed to have a licence for him or can we manage it as a special server only for config?

thanks,

Hi,

each machine will need its own license, as it isn't possible to install PDFCreator onto the master without a license key. Even it isn't used productively later, the license/activation will get checked every time PDFCreator is started, so changing the configuration on the master also always requires an active license.

Best regards

Robin