PDF Page Size Printing

Hi guys,
We are experiencing the following issue. We are using pdf printing from SAP over Citrix. We use sessions from the pdf printer.
The default paper size is Letter instead of A4. It is not possible to change it somehow to A4 as some parts of the printed pages are cut. The only possibility to change the format is when you go on Printer Properties right before the document is printed out and on the advance settings - select format A4.
Is there any chance to change the paper size to A4 by default so that we don’t have to adjust the settings every time?
Thanks,
Nedyalko

Hi,

yes if you go to the printer properties directly through the Windows control panel without currently printing anything, the settings should get saved permanently. Settings adjusted during the print job are always only temporary for the single print job.

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin, thanks for your quick response. I changed the settings to A4 by they are always shown as Letter on the printer itself. I believe it has to do with the Windows Image that was used - US.
I tested something else - changed the location in Windows with my administrative account to United Kingdom with Language English UK. Configured the same settings to be copied to new accounts and deleted the existing Windows account.
Afterwards, the format was shown Letter in the PDF printer properties and the page was successfully printed in A4 format.
However, after 1-2 days it started to print again in Letter without any reason…

Hi,

if you are printing from MS Office, there might be an option in the advanced settings->priting section called "automatically convert between letter and A4, which could be causing the issue.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,
I meant entirely for printing from SAP to pdf over Citrix session. Printing from Office applications is not an issue.
Thanks,
Nedyalko

Hi Robin,
We finally found a work-around.
We had to change the settings on the default network printer which was installed on the computer from letter to A4. Afterwards, once we restarted the computer and tried printing from SAP, it was printed out to A4. Letter was still shown as paper size, but the printouts were in A4. Very special… but it is working properly now.

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, I am glad you were able to find a solution.

Best regards,

Robin

same issue here, but with RemoteApps (mstsc.exe)
The auto-saved PDF works just fine, while jobs sent to a physical printer afterwards are printed just partially.

It also looks like Letter-ish page size.
I already tried nbrishimov's workaround, without success...

On PDFCreator 3.4.1 Business

Hi,

sorry for the trouble.
The automatic printing feature inside PDFCreator will resend the Postscript file to the selected printer, which sometimes leads to incorrect margins or paper sizes. If you only create PDF, you can work around the issue by using the "run script" option to let a PDF viewer print the actual PDF as you see it on screen. This topic contains a description on how to set this up.

Best regards

Robin