PDF Previewer not working with File Explorer and Outlook 2016

We have Terminal Version of PDF Architect 5 installed, and in Windows File Explorer says no Previewer Available, even though we have Architect 5 set as default.

In Outlook, says no previewer available. However we have it enabled with Trusted Center.

We used to have Foxit and was used as default. But it has been removed and Server restarted.

Whats the next step to get this previewer working.

Hi,

which Windows version are you using?
I ran a quick test on a Win7/x64 machine and needed to restart the system to make the previewer available, did you restart after installing PDF Architect?

Best regards,

Robin

We have rebooted already. And we are using server 2012 r2 standard. Any other options without restarting again

Any update on this? we have major issues with this application not working properly with File Explorer and Outlook 2016.

Resolved the issue on my own.

You need to go to Control Panel -> Uninstall/Change -> Then Modify
Under the Core Settings, there is “Windows Integration”. Mine was unchecked. After enabling this feature, everything started to work. Hope this helps everyone.

Sorry, I was assuming a default setup where the integration is installed automatically.
The integration should only not get installed if it is deselected in the advanced settings during the setup. Did you possibly deselect it during the setup? Or did something go wrong on our end?

I used all default settings. It seems that your default doesn’t include Windows Integration.

Hi,

thank you very much for the feedback, we will look into this right away.
The integration should get installed by default; it might not overwrite existing settings though.
Sorry for the trouble.

Best regards,

Robin