PDFCreator 2.3, Windows 10, printing from Delphi XE7

I have been using PDFCreator since version 1.5 to print from Delphi apps. Delphi 7 under windows xp or 2003, win 7 worked fine.  Then migrated to Delphi XE7 and win 7/64 works fine with PDFCreator 2.3. However, the same program with the same setup options will not work under Win 10.   I read a previous discussion about permissions to temp folders.

Note that PDFCreator 2.3 under win 10, works fine for printing through MS Word.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

do you get any error messages?
The only known issue that only affects the COM interface and not the GUI is sometimes there is a strange problem with Ghostscript errors, in which case reinstalling Ghostscript 9.10 (x86) into the PDFCreator folder (overwriting the existing Ghostscript folder) solves the problem.

best regards,

Robin
I installed Ghostscript 9.10 (x86) as instructed but no difference. The program hangs with a “not responding” message and there are no error messages.  Also note that win 10 runs @ 64 bits, but your instructions were for GS x86. Correct?
Thanks

Hi,

yes PDFCreator always uses the x86 Ghostscript.
But I am afraid I don’t have any idea what could be causing this…
Are you able to run the COM examples that get installed together with PDFCreator on the Win 10 machine ?

best regards,

Robin,
I tried the VBscript example. After a series of messages, it gave me the following message.
Invalid path. Please check if the directory exists"  Code 80004005. I added a fixed name to save to and the same message comes up. This is a brand new win10 x64 unit, just out of the box. MS Office is not even installed yet.
Thanks

Robin,
I tried the VBscript example. After a series of messages, it gave me the following message.
Invalid path. Please check if the directory exists"  Code 80004005. I added a fixed name to save to and the same message comes up. This is a brand new win10 x64 unit, just out of the box. MS Office is not even installed yet.
Thanks

Hi,

i was able to reproduce this here, the problem was fullPath = objFSO.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullname ) & "\Results\TestPage_2Pdf.pdf " 
but the "Results folder isn’t created anywhere.
Changing it to fullPath = objFSO.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullname ) & "\TestPage_2Pdf.pdf " will fix this.

Yes, it worked. It needs to be copied to another directory with permissions, and then it is fine.
Will let you know about the original issue when I resolve it. At least I have a starting point.
Thanks Robin.