PDFCreator 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 /VERYSILENT installer not working

Hi PDFForge,

Since the release of PDFCreator 3.2.1 we've been unable to get a successful /VERYSILENT install
We've had several versions successful before this release

Is this something that's being looked into for next release?

Thanks,
Jordan

Hi,
from PDFCreator 3.2.1 on, if your machine is part of a domain, silent installation is only available for PDFCreator Business, PDFCreator Terminal Server and PDFCreator Custom.

Best regards

Robin

It also does this if your users login using a Microsoft account.
In any case, this is finally the deal-breaker for us. They have been trickling restrictions out for some time now. $16/user/year is just too much for rehashed open source software to create PDF's when Microsoft now pre-installs it for free. For the extra management features, etc. I could see paying a moderate site fee (maybe $100/year) or a reasonable per-user fee, like $1, perhaps with a $20 minimum.
In the meantime we are removing 3.20 and earlier from all systems, and not deploying any newer versions.

Hi,

if you just need a simple tool to create a PDF without making any individual settings, I can understand your point of view regarding the inbuilt PDF printer, but this is were the capabilities of the MS PDF printer end. I don't know where you get the idea from "rehashed" open source software, we put thousands of hours of work into PDFCreator and provide support to all users. Since it is open source, feel free to create your own version and you will soon understand how much work went into our product.

Microsoft account logins however weren't supposed to be blocked, it is a bit unfortunate that the domain check fails in those cases and we will see if there is something we can do about it.

For a more detailed official statement on this, please visit https://landingpage.pdfforge.org/domain/en

Best regards

Robin