PDFCreator Printer do nothing

Hi guys,

i installed PDFCreator for Terminalserver. When i try to print over the Windows PDFCreator, nothing happens.. also in the log file nothing is showing up.
I see the printer assignement is created and gone.. but no pdf is showing up. When i try to print directly over the pdvcreator program the pdfcreator testsite it function well.. when i print the windows testsite.. nothing happens :frowning:
reinstall and restarts i made. iam local admin so i think no permissions problem..

hope you have any help for me..

thx!

Hi,

most likely it is an issue with the permission settings of your temporary folder, here is a link for more details and how to fix it:
http://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/latest/en/pdfcreator/frequently-asked-questions/pdfcreator-has-suddenly-stopped-creating-pdfs/

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin,

thanks for your fast response. But the permission are set how its describe in the post.

any other advices or ideas?

Hi,

it has to be an issue somewhere in the printing system, since the PDFCreator test page doesn't go through printing (it is a predefined Postscript file which gets converted directly), while the Windows test page does.
It sounds like the print jobs aren't reaching PDFCreator. Does a Postscript /inf file get created in %temp%\PDFCreator\spool when you print something to the PDFCreator printer?
Which version does the pdfcmon.dll have in %windir%\system32?

Best regards

Robin

Hey!

Yes, when i print with the pdfcreator printer i see there is a folder with an hash name created in the spool folder. when i print with the windows printer, there happens nothing.

the version of pdfcmon.dll is 0.9.7.0

any more tipps maybe?

Hi,

the pdfcmon version is correct, are you sure the SYSTEM account has permission to write to your temp folder?
Did you by any chance previously test a PDFCreator Server install on the machine?

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin,

yes i'm sure.. the System Account has Full Control on the temp folder. Its not my own server, so it can be that the customer has installed a previous version. I will try today to deinstall the pdfcreator.. and remove all registry settings. restart and install it again.

When i print with the pdfcreator printer (from the program itself) i see there is an folder created in the spool folder under the temp folder. only with the windows printer happens nothing.

its a windows terminal server and the latest pdf creator for terminal server version.

Hi,

the PDFCreator testpage is copied to the spool folder directly (with the permissions of the users running the PDFCreator GUI), while the Windows page actually gets spooled, so if there is a bad leftover registry entry for the pdfcmon port still containing PDFCreator Server data, it might try to spool to C:\windows\temp and then call a PringJobSource.exe instead of the PDFCreator.exe. Here is a screenshot of the registry entry (how it should look like in order to work):

Best regards

Robin

perfekt robin,

i will try this today at the evening and let you know! thanks for this input.. sounds good!

Hi Robin,

sorry for my late response. I try all things with registry and so on.. but nothing helps. Then i found that there was a second connection entry in the printer settings with pdfcmon. I deinstall the pdfcreator program, delete the connection entry (after the installation there was one more entry) and restart the server.

After that, i rebooted the server, install pdfcreator and check the connection in the printer settings. only one was there.. i try the printer and..

BUMM.... pdfcreator window opened!

thanks again for your help.. your help passes me in the right connection.. :wink: