PDFcreator prints too wide on EPSON printer only, HELP

Hello,

I use PDFcreator with an EPSON printer the document sent to the printer is double the usual format of the A4.
When I choose a BROTHER printer the printing is a good size.

I have parameterized (* 1) PDFcreator for:

• That it saves in a file,
  • Prints from the EPSON printer to (BUG)
  • SMTP shipments

When it is an EPSON printer the preview shows a cropped document (3/4) because too wide.
When it is a BROTHER printer the preview shows a document at the right size.

I checked on 2 different EPSON printers (SX525WD and WF-3520) and I have the same problem.

If I open a PDF file alone, create by PDFCreator and I send it on an EPSON printer the print is a good size
So the BUG does not come from file PDF but only when setting (* 1) PDFcreator

What should I do to correct this BUG?

Hi,

you can probably work arround it by using the “run script” action to silently print the created output from a PDF viewer instead of using the “print document” action. The “print document” action will use Ghostscript to send the original Postscript file to the hardware printer so there probably won’t be anything we can currently do about this issue from our end.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi

Would you have an example of java script to apply your explanation (“print document” action will use Ghostscript to send the original Postscript to the hardware printer) please

Thank you

Hi,

you can probably work arround it by using the “run script” action to silently print the created output from a PDF viewer instead of using the “print document” action. The “print document” action will use Ghostscript to send the original Postscript file to the hardware printer so there probably won’t be anything we can currently do about this issue from our end.

Best regards,

Robin

I am under windows 10 and wish to print invoices from a cash register.

To do this, I select PDFCreator:
1.- Print the document to the EPSON printer.
2.- Create a pdf.
3.- Send this pdf (via SMTP)

How do you make it work without changing the size on the printer on the epson?

Hi Corto,

if you have PDF Architect installed, you can use this to print the document.
To configure this, first disable the print action in PDFCreator. Instead, enable the "run script" action and use the archtiect.exe as script file. Into the field for additional arguments, type --print.
Here is a screenshot for clarification:
You can also use other PDF viewers for this, but you will need to look up the parameters they use for printing.

Hello,

I wanted a silent solution.
I found GSPRINT.EXE with optional -color in the script call after downloading it on the internet.

End of problem, Thank you for your answers.