Pdfcreator Windows 10 Error

hy

when i install PDFCreator 2.5.2 on Windows 10 i get this error.
During the install the Printerhelper.exe crashes and the fix to install the printer doesn’ work.
The antivirus is disabled.
Windows 10 is on latest updates.

I launch a command windows with admin rights to execute printerhelper manually and i get this error message:

C:\Program Files\PDFCreator>printerhelper /installprinter “PDFCreator” /portapplication=“c:\Program Files\PDFCreator\pdfcreator.exe”
2017-05-22 10:48:07.6963|INFO|DynamicInstanceProducer2|Monitor already installed

Exception non gérée : System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L’accès au chemin d’accès ‘C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\PS_SCHM.GDL’ est refusé.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
à pdfforge.PrinterHelper.Implementation.PrinterUtil.SaveStreamToFile(Stream stream, String fileName)
à pdfforge.PrinterHelper.Implementation.PrinterUtil.ExtractPrinterFilesWindows8(PrinterDescriptionFileLanguage language, String printerDriverDirectory, Boolean extractPpdFile)
à pdfforge.PrinterHelper.Implementation.Win32Printer.AddPdfcreatorPrinterDriverGdi(String printerEnvironment, PrinterDescriptionFileLanguage language, String externalPpdFile)
à pdfforge.PrinterHelper.Implementation.PrinterValidation.CheckDriverConfiguration(CommandLineOptions options)
à pdfforge.PrinterHelper.Implementation.PrinterValidation.CheckInstallPrinter(CommandLineOptions options)
à pdfforge.PrinterHelper.Implementation.Printer.InstallPrinter(CommandLineOptions options)
à pdfforge.PrinterHelper.Startup.Program.Main(String[] args)

On the german Forum there is the answer.

U have to rename in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\ the file PS_SCHM.GDL to PS_SCHM.GDL.old an then launch the installation.
Then everything works fine.

kind regards

Luc