Print to FTP server

Hi there,

PDFcreator 2.5.3

Thanks for creating such platform for sharing information about PDFcreator. I currently got an issue of FTP server.

Basically, i want to auto save PDF file to a FTP server in another computer on network. PIN is fine, access FTP via explorer is fine, user name and password verified. I could create or delete files on that FTP remotely.

However, I cannot let this software to auto-save the PDF file int that FTP server.

Log as below and i also attach my snapshots of setting

2017-08-21 15:30:33.9586 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Actions.Actions.FtpAction.FtpUpload: Can not login to ftp because the password is incorrect. Win32Exception Message:
Unknown error (0x2eee)
2017-08-21 15:30:33.9586 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Actions.Queries.FtpPasswordProvider.RetypePassword: FtpUpload canceled. No Retype Ftp Password specified.
2017-08-21 15:30:33.9586 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobRunner.RunJob: The job failed: An action failed. (Smtp_AuthenticationDenied)
2017-08-21 15:30:33.9586 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.ConversionWorkflow.RunWorkflow: Error Smtp_AuthenticationDenied: An action failed.
2017-08-21 15:30:33.9586 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.ViewModels.WorkflowQuery.ErrorNotifierAutosave.Notify: An error occured during the Smtp_AuthenticationDenied
2017-08-21 15:30:33.9586 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobInfoQueueManager.ProcessJob: The job '123' terminated at step Error and did not end successfully.

***Please check above error code, I have double confirmed my user name and password were same that I used to log into FTP folder via file explorer. And why there was an error message of SMTP, I did not setup any SMTP?

Please also be advised that if i only need to save PDF to FTP, Do I need do some setting in AUTO-SAVE as well?

Hi,

I think the error messages might be caused by using the FTP path in the auto.-save settings. Since the “Upload to FTP” action is called after the PDF was created and saved successfully, if the creation fails, it will not execute the action. Please try again after setting the automatic saving to a (temporary) folder on your machine. We will try to reproduce / fix the incorrect error messages.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I did try autosave to my local computer’s folder when I set FTP action as well. It saved to the local folder successfully but I still could not find it at FTP folder. The error message from log file was same as I posted.

Hi,

please st the logging to “trace” in the debug section of the PDFCreator application settings and repeat the failing print job with FTP upload configured, then send the resulting log to support(at)pdfforge.org. We will gladly have a more detailed look at the issue and see if there is anything which requires fixing from our end.

Best regards,

Robin

I solved the problem via using user/pass of anonymous rather than my username that i used to log into server windows.

Thanks guys.