Problem with adding watermark / letterhead and then printing PDF

Hello everyone,

I am having some trouble with automating the process of converting a file to pdf, merging it with a second pdf containing a letterhead (as a watermark) and then printing it on a pre defined printer. (In my case GFI Faxmaker, but printing on a physical printer makes no difference to the problem, I tried.)

I am using the most recent version of PDFCreator.

I think I configured the options for the profile I am planning to use correctly. The pdf file with content and watermark is being saved in the right location and looks fine.

But the file being sent to the printer misses the watermark.

What am I missing?

Thx in advance

Hi,

PDFCreator uses the unmodified postscript file for the pinting action, a possible workaround is to not use the "print" action but to use the "run script" action instead. You will need a PDF viewer which has command line parameters for printing e.g. PDF Architect. Then you can use the readers executable as script file and the parameter for printing as "additional script parameters". This may sound complicated but it is really easy to do, I have attached a screenshot as example, youi only might need to modify the path to the PDF Architect exe if you installed it in a different location:

Best regards,

Robin