Public Enteprise & Licence

Hello,

I work for a public enterprise, we manage +/- 4000 computers and we need to update PDFCreator in the schools of the city, I would like to know, if in our case, we can have the MSI and the customization tool for free ? If yes could you send me a download link or another means ?

thanks,

Michael.

Hi,

the MSI technically always requires the license, but you will get a 50% discount if it is a non profit organisation. There is no customization tool, any custom version is built here directly and always involves some hours of work on our end, so it is impossible to supply this for free.
The regualr freeware installer does offer a large amount of switches to configure the deplaoyment though: http://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/latest/en/pdfcreator/installing-pdfcreator/setup-command-line-parameters/

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your response.

The biggest problem is to deploy PDF Creator in a Task Sequence because there is no user connected during the staging process and no internet access during.

Is there means to bypass the internet access ?

Hi Michael,

internet access isn’t required while installing the free version.

The paid versions do offer an offline activation procedure for single machines, but for an offline deployment on 4000 machines really only the custom or free edition is suitable.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

When I start the PDFCreator Setup (window mode) the proxy ask my authentication, if I cancel :

In unattended mode :

But the application is installed

Hi,

the setup will always try to submit some stats at the end and will try to download PDF Architect unless this is deselected in your .inf file. Both can fail without causing any problems to the actual application.

Best regards,

Robin