Restore standard Windows file create box?

For years, I’ve used a a particular workflow with PDFcreator to overwrite and update existing PDF files, but now, after updating to 3.x, my old procedure has been broken, because the new “print” screen no longer uses a standard Windows dialog to ask for file name and location. Is there a way to return to using the Windows dialog? And if not, what’s the easiest way to overwrite an existing PDF file using the new PDFcreator interface?

Hi,

is it required to manually select the file to overwrite during each print job?
If yes, you could enable the option to skip the print job window and go directly to the save file dialog (requires PDFCreator Plus or Business).
If not, enabling automatic saving and deselecting the “do not overwrite files” checkbox should do the trick.

Best regards

Robin

is it required to manually select the file to overwrite during each print job?

Over the years, I've added many files that I update this way (on a semi-regular basis) to a common shared folder that allows everyone in the group to access the latest version whenever they need it. I checked some of the help files since posting this, and it looks like the only way to get the Free version of 3.x to do what I want is to create a separate print queue for each file - which seems almost as cumbersome as what I'm doing now. This is a small part of my work, so I don't think the company would be willing to pay for a subscription just for me, just for this - so I guess the next option is downgrading to 2.x and turning off updating.