SOLVED: Error: "Please restart PDF Architect 4 to activate all the installed features" - loop

I did the update to 4 and ever since, when I try to use an advanced feature (which I have paid for), I get the above message. Clicking “yes” to restart does nothing and loops back to the same error message. Any help would be most appreciated. I’m fairly new to this product after having switched from Nuance so I might be missing something obvious. Thanks.

Hi,

usually this message means a module was installed or updated and a restart is required to reflect the changes.
Please try using the “repair” function, which you can access from the “programs and features” section of the Windows Control Panel. Select PDF Archtiect from the list of installed applications and press “uninstall/modify”. Then press “repair” on the next step.
If this doesn’t solve the problem, please uninstall PDF Architect completely, restart your computer and install the latest version directly.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi.
I am having this problem too!
Please, help me.
:slight_smile:

Thank you Robin. Uninstall/reinstall seems to have worked.

Robin,
Hi.
I am having this problem too, but uninstall/reinstall not worked.

Hi Please help, I have been struggling for 2 weeks with this same problem as well. I have uninstalled & reinstalled a couple of times with no joy. The last time your support team send me links to reinstall all the modules separately - all went fine except the “Forms” module does not want to run. Gives me an error message that I should turn on Microsoft Net Framework 4.5 in my control panel, which I have done. But I am still getting the same error message.

Hi,

prehaps there is a problem with the ,NET 4.5 installation on your computer. Which Windows version are you using?

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin I am using Windows 10

Hi,

since Windows 10 includes .NET 4.6 directly it is a bit hard to tell what might have went wrong.
The last answer here: http://superuser.com/questions/964729/net-4-6-re-installation-on-windows-10 might help, it seems there might be multiple locations in which .NET needs to be (re)enabled.
Which version does your froms module MSI have (maybe there is already an updated version)?

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin
Still same problem. I am fed up with this issue. Can you please just send me the links to download the last version of 4, the one before the last update, so I can try & reinstall that version, I did not experience any problems until that last update. I did lodge a case (case number is 165300) on 11 August & had been corresponding with your support via email, but I have had no response since 29 August. Can we try the previous version?
Thanks
Retha

Hi Robin
I have also been chatting to microsoft support & this is their comment:
True, Windows 10 comes with .NET Framework 4.6 which is upwards compatible with all 4.x Framework versions. Note that I said upwards compatible, applications that target 4.5 should run without problems using 4.6.It looks like PDF architect checks for the presence of 4.5 instead of taking advantage of the presence of 4.6.
Please contact their support (forum) for further assistance.

Hi Retha,

which version were you using previously? We will gladly create a PDF Architect 3 license for you, if it solves the problem.
Regarding the .NET Framework: yes, applications targeting a 4.x version of the framewrok should run with 4.6, this isn’t the point. It just looks like there might be some issues when Windows 10 wasn’t installed freshly, but updated from Windows 8, like indicated in the earlier link. Of course this is just another users observation and might not be correct, but if there is a unknown issue, it can help to gather all available information. I just tested this here on a Windows 10 virtual machine and the installation of the form module works fine on a fresh system with only .NET 4.6. So it does seem to come down to your specific system configuration, since it isn’t reproducible on a fresh system and nobody else has reported this specific issue (error message about missing .NET 4.5) either.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin
I was using PDF Architect 4 - then there was an update on PDF Architect 4 - before the update everything was working fine, after the update no longer.So there was nothing wrong with my windows 10 configuration working with PDF Architect 4 until PDF Architect 4 had the update.

Hi Retha,

which version of the forms module did you receive?
The version working here on the fresh Windows 10 machine is pdf-architect4-forms-module-4.1.4.27684-x64.msi, which is currently the only version available for download as MSI. If this is the version which isn’t working for you, I will try to upload MSI for the previous version. The regular installer will always install the latest version, so only the MSI will work if a specific version is needed.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin
pdf-architect4-forms-module-4.1.5.29097-x64
can you send me the one that worked for you please?
much appreciated
regards
Retha

Hi Retha,

you will need to uninstall version 4.1.5 completely and then you can download the package with MSI 4.1.4 here:
http://download.pdfforge.org/go/pdfarchitect4/business/pdfarchitect4-gpo.zip

I hope this finally solves the problem, sorry for all the trouble.

Best regards,

Robin

Thank you Robin - I will give it a go & let you know how it works out.
Have a great weekend!
regards
Retha

Robin It has worked! I am absolutely delighted. Thank you so much!!!
:relieved::smiley::tada: