Unable to install with options and license key

I am trying to install PDF Architect 5 Pro.
I have downloaded it and am following the instructions on installing it.
I am doing a network install. I running the pdf-architect5-startup msi file first.
The command line I am using is:
msiexec.exe /a pdf-architect5-startup-x64.msi TARGETDIR=C:\PDFA5 PRODKEY=”XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX" ENABLE_AUTOMATIC_UPDATES=0

(obviously using the correct supplied product key).

It installs to the target folder listed in the msi options,
however, when I install from the msi created in that folder, the license key is not installed.
I am simply using msiexec.exe /i pdf-architect5-startup-x64.msi from that administrative install folder.
I have even tried alling the PRODKEY= statement to the install from the administrative folder and it
will not install my product key.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

it could be a coonection problem, the key will only show as activated after this was confirmed by the license server.
Please make sure that a request to http://activation.pdfarchitect.org is possible. The requests use the content-type text/xml, in some cases, this might be required to be enabled separately.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi,
When I go to the link you provided, I simply get a blank page with the web address showing on the page.

If I run the install and then enter the key afterwards, it will activate successfully,
so I don’t believe it’s an issue contacting the licensing server.

It’s acting like the install is not recognizing the arguments for the MSI.

Hi,

the URL isn’t meant to get accessed from a browser, but still the URL might need to get whitelisted in proxy or firewall settings. On the other hand, if you were able to activate when installing manually, it can only be a connection problem if the silent/automatic deplyoment is performed under a different user account than was used to perform the manual installation.
The procedure you are using is correct and gerenally tested, but I will check it again to ensure it doesn’t have any errors whcih might have been overlooked during the original testing. Did you double check the product key for typos?

Best regards,

Robin

I am doing my testing from a batch file before putting the command lines in our software distribution package.

So, I am using the exact same account, which is a domain level administrator account, to deploy manually as I am using to deploy with the automatic installer. I always start by writing the batch file so that my syntax and arguments are correct, as that is easier to modify than the software deployment package.

The product key I used was copy and pasted from the email we received with the product key in it.
When I manually activated it, it was copy and pasted as well.

Still having this issue with installing… Any other suggestions?

I couldn’t find a phone support option on the website.
Is phone support available or is all support through the forum?

Hi,

we do provide phone support for PDF Architect: http://web.pdfarchitect.org/support.aspx
Have you checked if other settings like the automatic update settings are applied / is only the license key parameter being ignored, or all of them?

Best regards,

Robin