Uninstalling PDF Architect 5 from batch/powershell script

Hi guys,
We have a number of Windows 7 computers we'd like to remove PDF Architect (free edition) on. If possible, I'd like to automate removing the program.
Unfortunately, I'm not having much luck finding if there's a way to remove the program. If someone could provide documentation for PDF Architect 5 unattended uninstall, that'd be great.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

Running the standard msiexec /x {0E25DE98-E56E-4259-B554-F1360BB2DC22} with the GUIDs found in WMI and in the registry (HKLM:\software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall) gives me the error

This intallation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer Package.

Additionally, PDF Architect 5 itself is listed under Programs and Features, but NOT in the registry or in WMI. The modules are listed in the registry and WMI, but not in Programs and Features.

If I run the uninstaller C:\ProgramData\PDF Architect 5\Installation\PDFArchitect5Installer.exe with the option -remove, I can get it to bypass the first screen where it prompts me if I want to remove or repair, but can't find additional options to completely automate removing it.

I have the same issue to uninstall PDFArchitect4…

Hi,

I am having some trobules to replicate this, how did you install PDF Architect?
Did it come with PDFCreator, did you use the standalone installer, or did you use the individual MSI packages (or any combination of those)?
Here is a link to the removal toll which was designed in case something goes wrong with the uninstall: http://redeuro1.lulusoft.com/pub/pdfarchitect5/removal/Architect_Remover_1.0.10.34009.exe but I am not sure if this will help with automating the procedure. As far as I know, uninstalling the view module should remove main application, but from what you write this doesn’t seem to be the case.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi, this is the case. When we uninstall the view module, the main application is already installed…

I want to do it with GPO in the future, with silent uninstall… it’s not possible to use your Remover to do it…

Hi Robin,
For my environment, I use the Architect 5 installer (PDF_Architect_5_Installer.exe).
Some of the PCs have version 4, and some have even older versions, as deployment of PDF Architect wasn’t automated.

After further testing, it looks like calling uninstall from msiexec would inconsistently remove the entries in WMI’s product class, but never remove the actual program itself.

I’ve committed to removing the product by hand, as it’s not the end of the world if I uninstall it on all the computers by hand.