Unsearchable PDF's from pdfCreator

PDF’s that are created from other applications like notepad are searchable. But if i try to print a a file which is already in pdf format and searchable using pdfCreator the output pdf file becomes unsearchable. Which makes file useless for me. can this be avoided somehow ?

Hi,

yes, printing from a different viewer or directly dragging the PDF onto PDFCreator should solve this issue. It purely depends on the printing application and how the data is sent to PDFCreator.
When you drag and drop the PDF onto a PDFCreator window, it will be processed directly without going though the printing system first.

Best regards,

Robin

Hey Robin,

Thanks for responding. Is it not possible to setup some configuration to fix this ?
Cant we control the datatype being sent from say crome or other browsers ?
My clients use just the pdf rendered in chrome web browser and print from there. Dragging and dropping from there is not possible.
Is it not possible to print to some other raw format instead of pdf, and than i can use some programme to extract data from that and simultaneously convert to pdf also ?
So the pdfCreator will be used to convert to some raw format and email the file to me and than at my end I extract the text and convert to pdf.

Any configuration for this would need to take place in Chrome (don’t know if there is any setting for this), there is nothing in PDFCreator which could help here. No matter which output format you select in PDFCreator, it won’t help as long as Chrome doesn’t send any real text to the printer.
Even using OCR (which isn’t included in PDFCreator) will not help in most cases because Chrome doesn’t create a single image but rather renders the text as shapes (vector graphics) for printing.