2.0.0 fails to print PDFs originally printed from 1.2.0

I have a set of documents printed with PDFCreator 1.2.0 which is causing problems with another application merging the documents together.

In an attempt to troubleshoot/solve the problem, I’ve tried reprinting the 1.2.0 pdfs using PDFCreator 2.0.0.  It appears to succeed, but when I open the document in Acrobat Reader only the logo in the upper left is visible, and reader pops up an error:
"An error exists on this page.  Acrobat may not display the page correctly.  Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the problem."

If I print them as PDF/A documents, they appear fine, but the other application can’t handle them.

I can provide a set of 14 sample documents, but I don’t see a way to upload them here…

Printing from Adobe Reader seems to be the problem. I have a similar issue.

X-Post from german help: http://forums.pdfforge.org/discussion/29642/pdf-aus-adobe-reader-als-pdf-drucken-geht-nicht-richtig

Printing from Adobe Reader doesn’t work (correctly).
(steps to repeat problem)

  1. set pdf creator to save automacally on desktop (DateTimeHHMMSS as Filename)
  2. print the test page from pdfcreator
  3. open this file with Adobe Reader
  4. print it again
  5. close Adobe Reader
  6. try to open the second pdf, it’s broken and you’ll get the same error message
    (Windows Preview will show only a part of the pdf)


thanks for the details, we were able to reproduce the problem and it looks like it is caused by ghostscript 9.15. You can fix it by replacing the ghostscript in the PDFCreator folder with version 9.14 (32 bit) which can be downloaded here: http://downloads.ghostscript.com/public/gs914w32.exe

best regards,