Adding a custom papersize?

Hello,

I’m using PDFCreator 1.7.1 version to plot from Revit Architecture. We are plotting wide range of papersizes to PDF. This causes a problem for me. For every plot I usually need to se a new postscript papersize, custom size works ok, but is there any way to add own paper sizes to some list?

Adding sizes would be very usefull for workflow. Now I need to se every different size all over again when I plot something. Any way to edit the list with standard sizes?

Thanks!

Hi,

you can define custom page sizes in your Windows Print Management->Printserver->Forms which then can be selected from the list.

regards,

Robin

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. This helped to solve the problem!

I tested but there is size limitation ..why?

You can also modify the file pdfcreat.ppd which resides in folder Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3. Check out the section Paper Handling. You have to modify four parts beginning with:
1)
*OpenUI *PageSize: PickOne
*DefaultPageSize: A4
*OrderDependency: 20 AnySetup *PageSize
2)
*OpenUI *PageRegion: PickOne
*DefaultPageRegion: A4
*OrderDependency: 30 AnySetup *PageRegion
3)
*DefaultImageableArea: A4
4)
*DefaultPaperDimension: A4

You have to do some calculations to convert the actual page size to a number PDFCreator can handle. For example, for size A0 you have to modify the number between []:
*PageSize A0: "<< /PageSize [2384 3370] /ImagingBBox null >> setpagedevice"

It's pretty self-explanatory if you read the file. Make a copy of PDFCREAT.PPD for safekeeping and if you have finished editing the file, make sure you delete the file PDFCREAT.BPD and reboot you pc for the changes to take effect.
Simon

tested all...but if you add paper size example inch 180x180 that papersize you can choose but not print

Hi,

sorry for the trouble. We didn't limit the paper size anywhere inside PDFCreator, but there might be a limitation inside one of the components we use. Do you get any error when printing with 180x180" paper size, or does nothing happen at all?

Best regards

Robin

I added new custom paper size with print manager.
If I create example 4000x4000mm I can print from PDF Architect(print also preview work) to PDF. But If I use PDF Creator its create PDF with A4 format.

I found there is limitation max. width or height is 3267mm...over this size PDF Creator changing to A4

thx.