Can someone explain how to split PDFs please?

This may sound stupid but I've been trying for hours to split a PDF with "PDFCreator" and I literally cannot find where and how to do this. I searched this forum and an older post said

The “edit” module for PDF Architect offers a funtion to split documents into individual pages

However, I cannot locate this. I'm having trouble navigating this software as a whole. I constantly open them accidentally with Adobe Reader and if I drag a PDF in it there's a popup with a green "continue" button where it says to downoad PDF Architect? My colleague does this all the time on this PC and since it's not installed I assumed I don't need it. I have downloaded it but I don't know what to do with it.

Can someone please advise or point me to any guide, preferrably with screenshots, on how to do any of this?

• I read nearly everything at docs.pdfforge. org/pdfcreator/de/pdfcreator/using-pdfcreator/ and I can't find what I'm looking for

• I did read under tools.pdfforge. org/split-pdf that I can do this with PDF creator, it just doesn't say how

• I searched for split in the knowledge base and didn't find anything at support.pdfforge. org/search?query=split

please help this is so confusing :frowning:

Did you asked your colleague how to accomplish that?

You can install PDF Architect and use it instead of Adobe Reader but I don't know if that feature is free or need to buy a license.

For free you can use the online tool:
pdfforge - Split PDFs online

The "Protip" on that page is generic, PDFCreator cannot split a pdf in "n" pdf, eventually only in "n" jpg.

Gianni,

thanks alot for your response! Indeed, I messaged my workmate and as it turns out I've been using the wrong PDFcreator the entire time. I was told to use "this PDF Creator on your Surface" and I typed in the start menu and just found this one. But also installed was "PDF24 Creator" and THIS is what he meant.

What a dumb mistake on my part. I open this "24" creator, drag the PDF in, and "split" is one of the first buttons, it took me 30 seconds to get a huge PDF into a bunch of single page pdfs.

And it also didn't have those confusing popups that want to open other programs all the time like this Architect or my Adobe Reader...

This was my fault, I should not have been using this unwieldy creator in the first place, the "24" one did it instantly and it was obvious how it works. Not something like:

Then that is absolutely misleading. It says to, and I quote, "use our PDFCreator to easily and securely split files" and turns out it doesn't actually work, plus you apparently need this other software (Architect)?

As an end user looking for documentation, I found this even more baffling than the cryptic UI and the nearly empty support database.

I sat there for like 2 hours and thought I was being inept when in reality, this software is just cumbersome and they never intended for those features to be available in there. Makes me feel much better.

Again, I appreciate your help clearing this up for me :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, very interesting, I will give a try to PDF24 Creator!

Use exact solution CubexSoft PDF Split Tool to split multiple PDFs into PDF document on any Windows OS and with a safe and secure process. The tool provides multiple of features and functions which anyone can split bulk PDF files at a single round.

I understand your frustration! Splitting PDFs can be confusing, especially if you're unfamiliar with the software. While PDFCreator itself doesn't have a built-in split function, you have a couple of options:

1. Use PDF Architect (if already installed):

• Open the PDF in PDF Architect (not Adobe Reader).
  • Go to the "Edit" tab.
  • Look for the "Split Pages" option. It might be under a submenu called "Organize Pages" or "Document."
  • Select the pages you want to split and choose how you want to save them (separate files, new PDF for each page, etc.).

2. Use the online PDF split tool:

• Upload your PDF file.
  • Choose how you want to split it (by pages, range, interval, etc.).
  • Click "Split" and download the resulting files.

3. Use a different PDF splitting tool:

• There are several free and paid PDF splitting tools available online. Some popular options include:
    • PDF UP
    • iLovePDF
    • Smallpdf
    • Sejda

Tips:

• Make sure you're using the correct version of PDFCreator. The older versions might not have the split function available.
  • If you're still having trouble, try searching for tutorials or guides specific to your version of PDFCreator or PDF Architect.
  • You can also contact PDFCreator support for help:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi there,

PDFCreator is now able to split PDFs as well (please read the 'small print' :slight_smile: )
https://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/en/pdfcreator/pdfcreator-settings/profile-settings/actions/preparation/user-tokens/#split-token

Brgds
Sascha