Cannot Uninstall PDFArchitect

I kept getting cute little "buy me" reminders from PDF Architect, a program for which I have no need. The uninstall fails with an "unexpected error" message. Error code is 2753. PDF Creator is a wonderful tool, but its nagging little brother is a pain. Guess where.

Hi @sehlat!

Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:
Please try to uninstall PDF Architect using the most recent setup: https://download.pdfforge.org/download/pdfarchitect7

??? Uninstall a product with an installer? I'm trying to get rid of the annoying beast. PDFCreator is worth its weight in platinum. It's the best web page saver I've ever found.

Dear Sehlat,
Try to uninstall Pdf Architect using the free tool. Revo Uninstaller.

1. Download and install the free version of the tool
  2. Open it and find the right raw of Pdf Architect
  3. Uninstall it and go on to erase the installation using the tool even if the official unintall fails.
  4. Check it out if the Program is uninstalled correctly.

Good luck.

Faber.

I tried Revo Uninstaller, both Free and 2-year Registered Pro. I keep getting a message from the PDF Architect Setup: The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2753.

I understand it sounds weird but it actually works.
It will show you a dialog saying the software was successfully installed and then give you the option to uninstall the.
Alternatively, start the Installer from the Command line (CMD) with
PDF_Architect_7_Installer.exe /uninstall
This will get you right to the Repair/Modify/Remove dialog.

Actually, I used Revo Uninstaller Pro. I should explain that the reason I described PDFArchitect as an annoying beast is that it kept popping up a "buy me" notice in the lower-right part of my screen, frequently at times when I was busy and really didn't want to wrestle with the program. I'm not kidding, however, about PDF Creator, though. When I'm trying to save web pages as PDFs, it is definitely worth my bodyweight in platinum, and I am not a slim person. :slight_smile:

Using Revo Uninstaller, it doesn't matter if the official uninstaller fails.
Follow the suggestion of Revo and select all registry voices and files to delete and go on.
It should be able to delete all the traces of Pdf Architect in your computer.

Just try and good luck!

In yesterday's "I used Revo Uninstaller Pro," I should have added that it had already gunged Architect out of my system. No more lower-right-hand-corner "buy me"s. I still want to keep you guys around, though. PDF Creator has been a godsend!

Thank you.

Florian, thanks, it helped.

1 Like