FTP Upload with COM Interface

Hello,

if i set up a ftp-account in pdfcreator how will i get the account-id for use with job.SetProfileSetting(“Ftp.AccountId”, )?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

I am not sure if there is any other/better method than checking the IDs in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\pdfforge\PDFCreator\Settings\ApplicationSettings\Accounts yet.

Best regards

Robin

Hi,

meanwhile i found a way: in the settings debug-section one can save the settings as ini-file. And there one can find the ftp-account and the according account-id.

But i think, there must be a better way. I use the ftp-feature since version 2.x with Ftp.UserName, Ftp.Password and Ftp.Server. And when this is changed to Ftp.AccountId i think it has to be documented in the help-file or documentation of the COM-interface where this AccountId can be found. But there is nothing…

Sorry for my english, i mustn’t write often…

Sincerely
Bernd

Hi Bernd,

I agree, it should have been documented or even better changed in a way which doesn’t break existing code. I am afraid it was overlooked due to the large amount of changes between PDFCreator 2.5 and 3.x. We have added some tests here to hopefully prevent things like this from happening in future updates, sorry for the trouble.

P.S. we are located in Hamburg Germany and you can always write to us in German, if you prefer. Your English is pretty good though, I didn’t have any issues understanding your request :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Robin

Hi. Is there going to be any change to be able to display the ID on the account setup screen?
How do these accounts affect Terminal Server, is it necessary for each user to create an account?
Thanks