Gswin32c.exe fails on Terminal Server

Hi, we purchased PDFCreator Terminal Server v.4.0.3 to print invoices from our ERP for an e-mail workflow. In addition we need the send copy to printer functionality. However when activating this function gswin32c.exe crashes after successfully creating the PDF. It seems strange that the PDF is correctly generated but the carbon copy fails. Here ist the log from the error (excuse my german):

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: gswin32c.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 5b9a3d1f
Fehlermodulname: ntdll.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 6.1.7601.24545
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 5e0eb751
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 000563ba
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.16.7
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I've read similar problems in this forum from years ago, unfortunatly without any answer. It would be great if you could resolve since we are a paying customer.

Thank you for your help!

Hi,

sorry for the trouble.
Please feel free to contact our support team, they all speak German and will be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue. One possible reason I could think of would be the users printing not (all) having access to the printer. Unfortunately, Ghostscript is pretty much of a black box for us and we can't directly see why it is crashing. A possible work around is to additionally install a lightweight PDF viewer like SumatraPDF to print the created PDF automatically through the "run script" action.
Then you just need to point the "run script" action to the SumatraPDF.exe and add the parameters for silent printing. PDFCreator will automatically insert the path of the converted file(s) at the end of the additional parameters.
You can alternatively run any custom script for printing the file.

Best regards

Robin