How to prohibit multiple instances of PDFforge from running

We created pdfforge to run as a service and it works wonderfully. Our only need is for our application to send the document to a pdfwriter and then have it dumped to a network share, after which another application picks it up and distributes it to the appropriate pharmacy.  

Our issues is, if the service is running and any of us log into that server…another instance of pdfforge starts up and multiple labels are being generated to the network share. Our work around is to disable the service and always leave one userid logged into the server at all times.  The problem is if one of the staff members inadvertently clicks “log off” when exiting. If this happens then pdfforge is down and our pharmacy does not get the labels, which is a huge problem.

Because of a label not making it to the pharmacy we had to research alternative solutions like cutepdf…but after talking to their support team before purchasing the developer version…they said cutepdf can not be installed on a print server and can not provide the solution we are looking for. Which I think is kind of silly, all we need is a pdfwriter to dump a file to a network location with out any user interaction. 

We really like pdfforge, for multiple reasons, it was easy to setup, has many great functions, and to put it simply…it works!  Is there anything we can do resolve the duplicate issue with multiple logins?

Suggestion, we would have no problem purchasing an enterprise version of pdfforge

Hi,

if i recall correctly you also asked this on a different thread, I answered there, can I (or you:)) close this one?

regards,

Robin

Could you provide a link to the thread where this issue is answered? 

Thanks

Hi,

sure, should have done that in the first place i guess:)

http://forums.pdfforge.org/discussion/comment/17123#Comment_17123

regards,

Robin

Hi!
Could not see this thread.
Any other link?
thanks!

Hi,

sorry for the trouble.
This shouldn't be an issue with the current PDFCreator releases, which version / edition are you using?

Best regards

Robin

Hi!

I use 3.5.0. version

Davor

Hi,

if you are facing the exact same issue as the original poster, you will need PDFCreator Server as the other editions won't run properly on a print server.

Best regards

Robin

I got Terminal Server license.
Is there a way to prohibit multiple instances running of this version?

Thank you!

Davor

Hi Davor,

there should only be one instance per user, how exactly are you using PDFCreator on the Terminal Server, do users print to it directly or are you using the COM interface?

Best regards

Robin

Users prints directly
Davor

Hello!
Any news on his theme?
Thank You
Davor

Hello!
Any news on this theme?
Thank You
Davor